Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When previewing the application, do your answers for the supplementary questions show up?

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an email with an update on the secondary submission. Doesn't really say much, but it says not to upload a resume.

Members don't see this ad :)
For the secondary, would you guys put hospital volunteer experience under "health professions/shadowing" or just under "volunteer experience"?

I put it under volunteer experience. I feel it fits better there than health professions.

Awesome thanks for letting me know. When I called they transferred me to the Director of Admissions who didn't pick up. Who did you end up speaking to if you don't mind me asking?

Unfortunately I did not catch her name. The first time I called I was transferred and same as you, no one answered. Second time, I wasn't transferred, and the lady who answered said that the supplemental should just be a repeat of AACOMAS. It's a little more complicated for me because I transferred schools and have attended 4 different colleges...so since AACOMAS does not list GPA by school, I just calculated it myself, using grade replacement. I was unable to get clarification on what I should do in my situation, but she did say that they will be looking at both apps together so hopefully it will be fine.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do they get their LOR from AACOMAS or do we have to send them directly?

Last edited:

Last edited:
I'm confused. I sent the secondary in yesterday, but did not see any sections about volunteering/clinical experiences. Did I screw up somewhere?

Did you enter information about your GPA?

I'm confused. I sent the secondary in yesterday, but did not see any sections about volunteering/clinical experiences. Did I screw up somewhere?

did you check yes on the box "maltriculated student: seeking a degree", and choose "entering as fisrt year professional student"? I think if you didn't they wouldn't show you those questions. If you don' remember filling those, I would call them and make sure.

Last edited:
My final app summary before submission had everything correct except the "School" section. I did select "Touro University Nevada" and even went back and double checked but it still didn't show up on the final summary. Anyone else had the same thing happen to them?

Yup, same thing happened to me. For some reason even my volunteering/clinical/etc sections did not show up on my pdf view, even though i filled it out. I'm just hoping that they see everything on their end...

followup: called again and they said that the website has a glitch but as long as everything was filled out and submitted, they are able to view it all the right way

Last edited:
Do they get their LOR from AACOMAS or do we have to send them directly?

Wondering this as well. Did you submit anyway, without sending your recommenders the automated email? I feel bad for burdening them so often with these things and would rather just ask Touro to look for them in my primary.

Wondering this as well. Did you submit anyway, without sending your recommenders the automated email? I feel bad for burdening them so often with these things and would rather just ask Touro to look for them in my primary.
I called and they said they will download them from AACOMAS when they get around to it.

have any of you who already submitted the secondary received an email saying your application is complete?

Not I, and I submitted on 8/4.

TUCOM took 3 days to complete after submission, so I imagine TUNCOM will be similar and complete soon. Though they did take a bit longer to send out their secondary requests.

does anyone know if "Cumulative GPA to Date" includes past college GPAs?...that's what it sounds like..

thank you @becomingdoctor And does anyone know if "credit hours attempted to date" includes Withdrawn and Pass/No Pass courses?

Just submitted secondary.. the most expensive secondary so far! my bank account is bleeding :hungover:

Just got a "secondary received, currently under review" email. Says to expect 4-6 weeks before hearing back from them

Reactions: 2 users
Just got a "secondary received, currently under review" email. Says to expect 4-6 weeks before hearing back from them

Same, was not sure it was form TUNCOM though - thanks.

I had received an under review email from TUCOM last month, so I was assuming this was from TUNCOM.

Does anyone here not paying the application fee? I am very sure that I did not enter my credit card info when I submitted touro NV application, but I received app complete email today. I looked over all my credit card statement but I don't find anything paid for this school.

Does anyone here not paying the application fee? I am very sure that I did not enter my credit card info when I submitted touro NV application, but I received app complete email today. I looked over all my credit card statement but I don't find anything paid for this school.

In my email I have a separate $100 receipt for TUCOM and TUNCOM (searched for "Touro" in mail).

Received the same email but no mention of whether they have my LORs. I sent them through interfolio.

I do not have that email, where did you make the payment?

If I recall correctly, I submitted the secondary, and then the next screen was a payment portal. You then were transferred to the payment site and when complete, taken back to the secondary.

When I go back to my applyyourself page, my application status is "submitted" and there is a light-blue "print receipt" button that brings up my payment receipt.