Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the question "Have you previously applied to a Touro program?*", if I've applied to Touro NY-Harlem but not Touro CA or Touro NV, do I still indicate "yes"?
I'm assuming this question doesn't mean that it's school specific.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Just received the "under review" email. How long is it taking for II's?

Members don't see this ad :)
Will be giving up my interview so I hope it goes to one of you!

Just received the "under review" email. How long is it taking for II's?

I just got the under review email as well!! Ugh so nervous! I have 6 interviews but I love the location of this school! Hopefully we can interview soon!!

I just got the under review email as well!! Ugh so nervous! I have 6 interviews but I love the location of this school! Hopefully we can interview soon!!
Nice!!! What are your stats? I'm just getting complete emails so I'm waiting for that first invite! Where are you interviewing? And same here, I absolutely love the location.

Edit: I just saw your other thread and you and I have legitimately identical stats. I have a 502 MCAT and share virtually identical GPA's (3.82 cumulative and 3.72 sGPA). Do you have any research experiences or interesting EC's that helped you land that many interviews? I'm in Iowa but TUNCOM might be my top choice..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Nice!!! What are your stats? I'm just getting complete emails so I'm waiting for that first invite! Where are you interviewing? And same here, I absolutely love the location.

Edit: I just saw your other thread and you and I have legitimately identical stats. I have a 502 MCAT and share virtually identical GPA's (3.82 cumulative and 3.72 sGPA). Do you have any research experiences or interesting EC's that helped you land that many interviews? I'm in Iowa but TUNCOM might be my top choice..

OMG yes we legit have the same stats I think are MCATS are also equivalent! I have been volunteering at the hospital for over 4 years, I have shadowed 2 doctors both for a year and have good LOR from a do and md, I also went on a mission trip to Honduras and was a leader! I also have my own tutoring company which mentors economically disadvantaged kids and I also work at a Holden's library and support my parents financially! I have zero research, but am very interested in rural medicine and like this school a lot and it's location! I already interviewed at NYIT last week, will interview LECOM seton hill and ACOm next week! The week after LECOM Bradenton, and BCOM after And then CUSOM! I hope I get an invite soon and have an acceptance before December!! Do you have any other interviews?? I'm from nEw York btw

OMG yes we legit have the same stats I think are MCATS are also equivalent! I have been volunteering at the hospital for over 4 years, I have shadowed 2 doctors both for a year and have good LOR from a do and md, I also went on a mission trip to Honduras and was a leader! I also have my own tutoring company which mentors economically disadvantaged kids and I also work at a Holden's library and support my parents financially! I have zero research, but am very interested in rural medicine and like this school a lot and it's location! I already interviewed at NYIT last week, will interview LECOM seton hill and ACOm next week! The week after LECOM Bradenton, and BCOM after And then CUSOM! I hope I get an invite soon and have an acceptance before December!! Do you have any other interviews?? I'm from nEw York btw

Awesome stuff!!! I participated in UT Southwestern's SURISKD program last summer and worked in a clinical research lab. I have shadowing experience with different nephrologists but unfortunately none of them are DO's. I'm only complete at NOVA, DMU and Touro at this point and haven't been complete for very long. I'm really hoping for II's to NOVA, LECOM-B and Touro-NV. I'm still waiting on ACOM's secondary....What is your top choice? And my feelings about December are the same.

Awesome stuff!!! I participated in UT Southwestern's SURISKD program last summer and worked in a clinical research lab. I have shadowing experience with different nephrologists but unfortunately none of them are DO's. I'm only complete at NOVA, DMU and Touro at this point and haven't been complete for very long. I'm really hoping for II's to NOVA, LECOM-B and Touro-NV. I'm still waiting on ACOM's secondary....What is your top choice? And my feelings about December are the same.

Honestly my top choice is NYIT or CUsom but I'll gladly go where ever I'm accepted, but hopeful I have some choices!! I have submitted NOVA for like 2 months now and it has been dead silent no complete email either!!! But I'm hoping me to get in somewhere! I just hate this waiting process! What is your top choice?

Honestly my top choice is NYIT or CUsom but I'll gladly go where ever I'm accepted, but hopeful I have some choices!! I have submitted NOVA for like 2 months now and it has been dead silent no complete email either!!! But I'm hoping me to get in somewhere! I just hate this waiting process! What is your top choice?

Did you receive the phone call? And my top choices are Touro, Nova, Lecom-B and DMU! And I'll pretty much go anywhere. But I have a really good feeling about Touro. I really want to make the trek out there. I think the location is awesome. Only a few hours from California. Lots of fun stuff to do. And I think there could be a lot of networking opportunties.

anyone having trouble scheduling their interview? I got an II last Monday, been calling them since Wednesday but only getting voicemail. I also left them 2 voicemails and have yet to get a call back

Have you gotten a callback? I tried calling again today. No answer.

Did you receive the phone call? And my top choices are Touro, Nova, Lecom-B and DMU! And I'll pretty much go anywhere. But I have a really good feeling about Touro. I really want to make the trek out there. I think the location is awesome. Only a few hours from California. Lots of fun stuff to do. And I think there could be a lot of networking opportunties.

I never got a phone call from NOVA and I really love the location too! It's so close to Miami and it's not depressing!! I have a good feeling about tours, hopefully we both get interview offers, and can interview before December:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I never got a phone call from NOVA and I really love the location too! It's so close to Miami and it's not depressing!! I have a good feeling about tours, hopefully we both get interview offers, and can interview before December:)

Would you mind going to PM so you stop notifying the thread?

Reactions: 2 users
Have you gotten a callback? I tried calling again today. No answer.

I still haven't gotten a call back. I was going to try calling tomorrow though. hopefully someone will pick up

Received the "under review" email today. Fingers crossed for an II.

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed yesterday. Was surprisingly pleased by the faculty and school. Hoping for good news in a couple of weeks :).

Interviewed yesterday. Was surprisingly pleased by the faculty and school. Hoping for good news in a couple of weeks :).

So was it two 20 minute interviews or 1 20 minute interview with two people? Also, was it open file with a lot of questions about your application, or more general questions?

So was it two 20 minute interviews or 1 20 minute interview with two people? Also, was it open file with a lot of questions about your application, or more general questions?

It was one 20 minute interview with two people. Open-file - They'll have your application in front of them. PM me if you have more questions.

I got this message titled "Campus Interview Decision." Does it a rejection? I feel bad that they even indicate they are unable to provide me the feedback. It would be nice if they can do so.

"XXX,
We have completed the initial review of your AACOMAS application to Touro University Nevada’s Osteopathic Medicine Program. Annually, Touro University Nevada’s Osteopathic Medicine Program receives more than 3700 applications. Based on our review of your credentials, when compared to those of others in the applicant pool, you will not be offered a campus interview for the program. Please note, due to the large volume of applicants, I am unable to provide you with any feedback or reasons why you were denied.

We appreciate your interest in Touro University Nevada and the Osteopathic Medicine program, and we wish you well in the future.

I got this message titled "Campus Interview Decision." Does it a rejection? I feel bad that they even indicate they are unable to provide me the feedback. It would be nice if they can do so.

"XXX,
We have completed the initial review of your AACOMAS application to Touro University Nevada’s Osteopathic Medicine Program. Annually, Touro University Nevada’s Osteopathic Medicine Program receives more than 3700 applications. Based on our review of your credentials, when compared to those of others in the applicant pool, you will not be offered a campus interview for the program. Please note, due to the large volume of applicants, I am unable to provide you with any feedback or reasons why you were denied.

We appreciate your interest in Touro University Nevada and the Osteopathic Medicine program, and we wish you well in the future.
Sorry to hear that :/

how long was was this after you got the in review email?

"XXX,

Sorry to hear it. Just to give some perspective, my II email said they only interview 500 people. So 3700-500 = 3200 people that get the email you just got. If all of them asked for a reason why they were rejected, the school would need to hire someone just to answer that question. So I would try not to take it personally that they said they can't tell you why. Everyone on here gets rejections like that from multiple schools. Stay positive and move on! Good luck!

Sorry to hear that :/

how long was was this after you got the in review email?

The review period was exactly 4 weeks. They are pretty good about the timing. I got this message on Sunday which was exactly 4 weeks as they mentioned.

Sorry to hear it. Just to give some perspective, my II email said they only interview 500 people. So 3700-500 = 3200 people that get the email you just got. If all of them asked for a reason why they were rejected, the school would need to hire someone just to answer that question. So I would try not to take it personally that they said they can't tell you why. Everyone on here gets rejections like that from multiple schools. Stay positive and move on! Good luck!

Thanks! I will. Best of luck to your interview!

Cancelled my II! Hopefully it goes to one of those who needs it!

So... weird situation here...I got the "Application in Review" e-mail on 08/24.

They said they would contact me exactly in a month from that e-mail. It's now 10/2...

lol... Silent rejection I guess?

They said they would contact me exactly in a month from that e-mail. It's now 10/2...

I thought the same thing, then I looked back on the email and it said 4-6 weeks...I was complete about the same time as you. Let's hope we hear early next week.

I thought the same thing, then I looked back on the email and it said 4-6 weeks...I was complete about the same time as you. Let's hope we hear early next week.

Sigghhhh.. I sure do hope so! Good luck to you this cycle! :)

I am a current DO19 at touro and decided to login in to SDN for probably the first time since I accepted my seat. Just wanted to say that I am really happy with my choice and I like the school a lot. I lived in vegas for almost 2 years before starting touro, so I did not have the same adjustments as others, but I was a little worried that I turned down other, possibly better, schools because I did not want to move and that I would regret my decision. I have not for one second regretted choosing touro. Yes it is hard and a lot of work but I legitimately enjoy it. I have made same great friends and our class is full of really helpful people. We share study material and it does not feel competitive at all. Everyone wants everyone to succeed. I like most of our professors. I would be lying if I said every single one is amazing, but there are more good than bad. I LOVE our biochem department. We get a ton of time off in September and early October for Jewish holidays, which is a blessing and a curse. We are currently on a 4 day weekend, so don't expect to hear from the school until Wednesday. I cannot guarantee I will be checking back here (because I am busing being an OSM1!) but if you have any questions feel free to send me a pm and I will do my best to respond. Good luck with your application cycle and I hope to see you next year!

My stats: cgpa 3.3 sgpa 3.4 mcat 30
Interviewed in october, accepted in october

Do you guys know how receptive Touro NV is to in-the-area emails?

It was one 20 minute interview with two people. Open-file - They'll have your application in front of them. PM me if you have more questions.

Did they happen to say when they let you know a decision post interview?

Nah, I got the same e-mail on 8/21 and just got an II today.

Nah, I got the same e-mail on 8/21 and just got an II today.
"Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate four to six weeks for the review process prior to receiving official notification of your admissions decision."

INTERVIEW!!! :)

Just got a II. Complete email 09/22. Anyone knows what the available interview dates are now? Can't call at the moment but really want to know the information. Thanks!

I got the complete email 9/21 hoping for love

Anybody know the available interview dates? I should have called right then and there but was already late for work :(

II. Was at work until just recently, will have to call sometime soon to schedule.

Hey guys really excited for this interview!!!
have my interview november 2nd after Halloween, If anyone wants to meet up and explore the town i'll be here all weekend (friday-tuesday) with a handful of my peers that are coming down to show some support. shoot me a dm if you want to join in

So, I turned my secondary in on 8/11 and then got the application processed email on 08/27. Yesterday (10/8), I g0t the application under review email. Has anyone else waited this long to go into review?

Got my complete email on 8/24, then II on 10/7, so it took about 6 weeks and 3 days for them to reach back. Some people probably got it sooner.

So, I turned my secondary in on 8/11 and then got the application processed email on 08/27. Yesterday (10/8), I g0t the application under review email. Has anyone else waited this long to go into review?

Secondary invite 9/18, submitted 9/30, under review 10/9.