Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey I am interviewing here next week and was wondering how the interview day was scheduled, mainly is the interview at the beginning or end of the session? Also, any advice on things to check out while I'm down there or advice on the interview itself? Flying down from PA so its a little bit of a journey.

I'm excited to see the school and hope I have good news after a few weeks :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I am interviewing here next week and was wondering how the interview day was scheduled, mainly is the interview at the beginning or end of the session? Also, any advice on things to check out while I'm down there or advice on the interview itself? Flying down from PA so its a little bit of a journey.

I'm excited to see the school and hope I have good news after a few weeks :)

Interview is like two hours into the day. Either before or after a tour. It's Vegas... Go see the strip?

Interview is like two hours into the day. Either before or after a tour. It's Vegas... Go see the strip?

so when is the tour? is that like the first activity?

Members don't see this ad :)
so when is the tour? is that like the first activity?

off the top of my head:

1. Introduction
2. Overview of curriculum
3. Tour or Interview
4. Tour or Interview
5. Financial Aid overview
6. Lunch/Dinner with current students
7. Go gamble, fly home, swim in a pool, have a beer, or any combination of these things.

Reactions: 1 users
tomorrow will be 3 weeks post-interview... :eek:

Withdrawing my application from here, had a November interview scheduled.

Best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 1 user
Today might be the day, hoping for good things. Decisions will be sent out via email only correct?

Anyone from California interviewing on 10/26 want to carpool?

I think they were out of the office this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rejected pre-interview 10/24 via e-mail. Completed 9/19. Under review 10/13.

OOS-CA. 3.2 GPA, 31 MCAT.

Seems like a great school but a no go for me, good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received a wait list II. Basically, I am wait listed for an II. Haha, hope this works out!

cGPA 3.49 ( 3.1 at comm. coll. and 3.8 for past 4 years at university), sGPA 3.21, 502, compete mid September.

The waiting post interview is hard. Real hard.

anyone who interviewed 9/30 receive an email today?

How would you all compare TUNCOM to ACOM (Alabama)?

Has anyone who hasn't taken physio and anatomy gotten accepted here? My interviewers really grilled me on the fact I didn't take them, in spite of me doing really well on the mcat section with physio. I have courses in anatomy and physio too...just not human anatomy and physio.

Has anyone who hasn't taken physio and anatomy gotten accepted here? My interviewers really grilled me on the fact I didn't take them, in spite of me doing really well on the mcat section with physio. I have courses in anatomy and physio too...just not human anatomy and physio.

Haha i think we had the same interviewer :p

I got grilled about grades in classes almost a decade old. I'm not too optimistic about my chances...probably rejection or waitlist at best if I'm lucky.

I got one question asking to explain my grades but it was not in a grilling kind of way. My interview was basically very chill.

Haha i think we had the same interviewer :p

Yea probably. i'm gonna pm you, let's share experiences. :)

I got grilled about grades in classes almost a decade old. I'm not too optimistic about my chances...probably rejection or waitlist at best if I'm lucky.

Yea, as soon as my interviewer brought this up and my first thoughts were "you made up your mind, and I'm probably gonna be put on the waitlist." There's so much to my application and candidacy and they just focused on this. -_-

Yea probably. i'm gonna pm you, let's share experiences. :)

Yea, as soon as my interviewer brought this up and my first thoughts were "you made up your mind, and I'm probably gonna be put on the waitlist." There's so much to my application and candidacy and they just focused on this. -_-

For future reference just know that they are usually just testing you to see how you react in this situation.

I had the same question too, but my school doesn't offer a&p, and they seemed satisfied with me having taken cell bio, immuno, and taking developmental next term. It may have helped that I got a 14 on the MCAT biological science section, idk. Kind of oddly I was also asked exactly what topics were covered in my biochem class.

What was your timeline for TouroNV?
From secondary submitted, complete, II, II attended, decision.

Secondary submitted: 8/10
Complete/In review: 8/19
II: 8/26
II attended: 9/30
Decision: 10/29

Aw man, I interviewed the same day and heard nothing. I'm guessing that's bad news... :(

Aw man, I interviewed the same day and heard nothing. I'm guessing that's bad news... :(
haven't heard anything either. didn't they say we would hear back either way though?

edit: was waitlisted. darn.

Last edited:
interviewed 9/30 and accepted today! :soexcited:

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know why I should consider this school over WVSOM? Just need opinions and facts to help make some decisions. Thanks! WVSOM is very rural focused, is that the same with TUNCOM? I'm just not getting enough info from websites, but I'll search some more.

Accepted yesterday but will be withdrawing. Good luck to everyone else!

Let me get this straight. If one is accepted, they have two weeks to pay $2k to hold their spot? What if such a person elected to not pay the deposit? Would they lost their spot altogether, or just have a risk of losing it? According to their website, they do not refund any deposits. Pretty ludicrous if you ask me. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'd love to be wrong in this case!

"Refund Policy: Effective July 1, 2015, upon acceptance to any program at Touro University Nevada, all deposits made to secure a position in the class are non-refundable." http://tun.touro.edu/prospective-students/accepted-now-what/

Let me get this straight. If one is accepted, they have two weeks to pay $2k to hold their spot? What if such a person elected to not pay the deposit? Would they lost their spot altogether, or just have a risk of losing it? According to their website, they do not refund any deposits. Pretty ludicrous if you ask me. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'd love to be wrong in this case!

"Refund Policy: Effective July 1, 2015, upon acceptance to any program at Touro University Nevada, all deposits made to secure a position in the class are non-refundable." http://tun.touro.edu/prospective-students/accepted-now-what/

I agree it's pretty crazy. Especially with most other schools giving us until December to pay the first deposit.

Go big or go home buddy.

Does this program notify applicants that they've been screened out or do they just silently reject applicants?

For the supplemental, will scanned copies of an official copy "issued to student" be ok for the unofficial copy of transcipt upload?

Ah, the first rejection...had to happen eventually. Won't let it get to me though so I can be game for KCU interview coming up!

On the II wait list :/ OOS, LizzyM 65
Do any current students (or anyone else) know how likely it is to receive an II off the interview wait list?

Last edited:
Well today is 3 weeks for the people that interviewed on the 12th. Fingers crossed!