Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Seems like they might be a few days behind though... But who knows

True. Maybe even a week behind based on the last group. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
When were you complete? And what did the email say?

I was complete late September. this is what the email said:
On behalf of the Admissions Committee for the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine program at Touro University Nevada, I want to thank you for submission of your application. After a thorough review of your application, the Committee decided to place you on the Interview Wait List for the 2016 fall class.

It is possible that you ultimately will receive an interview date. We would appreciate your letting us know if you no longer wish to be considered for admission to our 2016 class.

Any 10/12 interviewees who are wondering when we'll hear:
I gave them a call to see what the status is, apparently they still need to have one more meeting which hasn't been scheduled yet before final decisions can be made.
They said it could be up to 2 weeks before we hear anything.

Any 10/12 interviewees who are wondering when we'll hear:
I gave them a call to see what the status is, apparently they still need to have one more meeting which hasn't been scheduled yet before final decisions can be made.
They said it could be up to 2 weeks before we hear anything.

Interview was great! However, I felt like my interviewers had the good cop/bad cop role. I answered my questions well, but was quickly turned off to the program for some reason. Just didn't get the same vibe I thought I'd experience at my other programs. Still excited to hear back though (which looks like will be more than a month's waiting time).

Reactions: 1 users
Complete 8/5, just received email today that my app was finally under review. Email said to anticipate 6-8 weeks for a decision in the first paragraph, but then the last sentence said they would contact me within a month of today's date.

Idk!

So will this be the week for us 10/12 peeps?

My heart races each time I open another one of their emails!

9/30 Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate four to six weeks for the review process prior to receiving official notification of your admissions decision.
10/12 Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate six to eight weeks for the review process prior to receiving official notification of the next admissions decision.
11/11 Thank you for your continued interest in Touro University Nevada! Your application is in the final review stage and soon you will be notified with an admissions decision. Please look forward to your next notification within a few weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
My heart races each time I open another one of their emails!

9/30 Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate four to six weeks for the review process prior to receiving official notification of your admissions decision.
10/12 Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate six to eight weeks for the review process prior to receiving official notification of the next admissions decision.
11/11 Thank you for your continued interest in Touro University Nevada! Your application is in the final review stage and soon you will be notified with an admissions decision. Please look forward to your next notification within a few weeks.

Same here!

Here is my timeline so far:

10/9 Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate four to six weeks for the review process prior to receiving official notification of your admissions decision
10/16 Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate four to six weeks for the review process prior to receiving official notification of your admissions decision.
11/11 Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate six to eight weeks for the review process prior to receiving official notification of the next admissions decision. You will be notified through email if you are eliminated or are invited for a campus interview.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got an email yesterday (11/10) saying that my application is currently under review. I submitted by secondary on 8/31.

Sec rec'd 9/29
Sec sub'd 9/30
Complete/under review email/hear back 4-6 weeks 10/9

Looks like it's going to be longer than 4-6 weeks though..
I also never got the "under review-wait 6-8 weeks" email either.
They seem to be backlogged.

Nearing 5 weeks post interview... Hope they have an answer soon :whistle:

For my fellow October 12th interviewees:

I just called, they're behind, so the estimated time has slipped even further to 6 weeks for a decision, so we should hear next week

For my fellow October 12th interviewees:

I just called, they're behind, so the estimated time has slipped even further to 6 weeks for a decision, so we should hear next week

Thanks for calling!

Accepted via E-mail! The wait was long, but worth it. It is a humbling feeling too see your hard work get you closer to your dreams and wishes. I wish everyone the best of luck

Accepted via E-mail! The wait was long, but worth it. It is a humbling feeling too see your hard work get you closer to your dreams and wishes. I wish everyone the best of luck

Congrats! Were you from the 10/12 interview date too? Did you get the email just now or was it sent a while ago?

I'm still holding out for an II!
When were you complete?

Also, complete since 10/9 (received "under review" email-wait 4-6 weeks). Have not received any "under review-wait 6-8 weeks" or "final stages in review" emails.
Anyone else in the same waiting boat?

When were you complete?

Also, complete since 10/9 (received "under review" email-wait 4-6 weeks). Have not received any "under review-wait 6-8 weeks" or "final stages in review" emails.
Anyone else in the same waiting boat?

I got the "Hello from Touro" email on Sept 30th, the "Under Review" email on October 13th and then the TUN Status update email on November 11th. It's such a drawn out process....

Waitlist email. Little bummed out. Hope for good news in the spring.

Sorry to hear that. Would you mind sharing your thoughts to why you might have been WL?

I feel like it's pretty hard to know. I thought my interview went well. I honestly think my low GPA is probably the reason. I've had 5 interviews and this is my third waitlist - one acceptance elsewhere and one I haven't heard. I think people underestimate how your stats can still impact you post interview. Which is not to say that there is anything you can do about stats at that point. But I think when they have x number of people they want to accept and it's more than the number that they can accept then they just revert back to a stats game. With TUN they told us at the interview that the committee makes a decision on you and then they send it to the Dean and the dean makes the final call. You never even met the dean...So who knows?

Reactions: 1 users
To all my fellow 10/26 interviewees, I believe we were told we could start calling in 11/18 (3 weeks later) to see if the admissions committee has made a decision. Based on the delay with the 10/12 interview group (5-6 weeks), should we expect a similar delay?

To all my fellow 10/26 interviewees, I believe we were told we could start calling in 11/18 (3 weeks later) to see if the admissions committee has made a decision. Based on the delay with the 10/12 interview group (5-6 weeks), should we expect a similar delay?
Yeah I expect to hear back by 11/30, it'll be two weeks considering the 10/12 group interviewed two weeks before us :)

For those who have been waitlisted, I was too! Before all hope was lost and after no communication from the school for months, I (along with two others) received a random call over the summer to come by for a standby seat and the rest was history. It ain't over until it's over!

Reactions: 5 users
decision is delayed until December 3rd just go the email.

Sec rec'd 9/29
Sec sub'd 9/30
Subject: Hello from Touro College; "This confirms receipt of your supplemental application. Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate four to six weeks for the review process prior to receiving official notification of your admissions decision" email - 10/9
Just received the TUN: Your application is in Review; "Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate six to eight weeks for the review process prior to receiving official notification of the next admissions decision." email - 11/18 (also says I'll hear back within 2 months)

Accepted recently! Interviewed 10/12. OOS, 31/3.6. However, I will be giving up my spot for a variety of reasons!

Good luck to the rest of you waiting for II's & waitlisted, I really hope you guys will get good news soon! :)

Reactions: 2 users