Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I even knew what the email was because of these posts and when I just opened it I still got excited when I read "You're Invited"
What a cruel joke ....

and the double exclamation points !!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
i, too, fell for the email. they had something very similar last year but it was later in the year. it was called DO day if im not mistaken

Got the email said final review stage at 10:00 pm. They worked very late I guess.

Members don't see this ad :)
II here a few days ago. And the open house e-mail lol!

Got the under review email 2 days ago as well. Fingers crossed. You guys mind sharing your stats?

Maybe they do give complementary interviews at the open house...II just now

Members don't see this ad :)
I would also like to know! I got the 4-6 week e mail also...
This is the email I got:

Thank you for your continued interest in Touro University Nevada! Your application is in the final review stage and soon you will be notified with the next decision.

Reactions: 1 users
Reactions: 2 users
I guess there is a difference between "review" which seems to be 4-6 weeks vs. "final review" which is 1-2 weeks.

theres 4 dates in october, 10th and then 31st each have 2 time slots

The application states that only the * sections are required. Does this mean that the chronological list of colleges and activities/hobbies are not required elements?

The application states that only the * sections are required. Does this mean that the chronological list of colleges and activities/hobbies are not required elements?

I don't have the secondary in front of me, but I would assume so. That being said, the hobbies area is your chance to show a bit of personality too IMO. Might as well do it. You never know who might read your app and give you a II because said reader is also a uni-cycling fire dancer.

Just got the Final Review Stage email at 11:42pm! Hoping for an II sooN! :D

Just got the Final Review Stage email at 11:42pm! Hoping for an II sooN! :D

There seems to be two different time lines given in that email. Some of us got the one that said we should hear back 4-8 weeks while others got 1-2 weeks. Can I ask what was in your email?

There seems to be two different time lines given in that email. Some of us got the one that said we should hear back 4-8 weeks while others got 1-2 weeks. Can I ask what was in your email?
I got this on 8/23:
"Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate four weeks (six to eight weeks during peak periods in the cycle) for the review process prior to receiving official notification of the next decision. You will be notified through email if you are eliminated or are invited for a campus interview. You do not need to call or email the department for any other status checks during this stage; we will update you as soon as possible."

1 week later (tonight):
"Thank you for your continued interest in Touro University Nevada! Your application is in the final review stage and soon you will be notified with the next decision."

I got this on 8/23:
"Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate four weeks (six to eight weeks during peak periods in the cycle) for the review process prior to receiving official notification of the next decision. You will be notified through email if you are eliminated or are invited for a campus interview. You do not need to call or email the department for any other status checks during this stage; we will update you as soon as possible."

1 week later (tonight):
"Thank you for your continued interest in Touro University Nevada! Your application is in the final review stage and soon you will be notified with the next decision."

Very cool. That definitely sounds like good news! Good luck to you!

I got this on 8/23:

1 week later (tonight):

I got the same thing! Has anyone received this email and later received a rejection/hold?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

II!! :claps:

Can any second years PM me, I have a few questions. Thank you!

II!! Just now via email! My supplemental was received 8/8

edit: I also received the Invited!!...to open house email a few days back--nearly gave me a heart attack haha

Last edited:
Hey guys what days do Touro Nevada usually interview on? Monday?

Should I even bother completing the secondary with an MCAT of 500? ...

Anyone know what dates are available for interviews? I know the II email said to email them for dates--but I haven't heard back yet and was wondering what dates they offered to applicants who've scheduled one already?

3 quick questions:

for the "Cumulative GPA to Date", I'm assuming thats the cumulative GPA at that institution. I took summer courses for example at a institution other then my primary undergraduate. Should the "Cumulative GPA to Date" for my primary institution include those summer courses?

also, for the employment and volunteer questions, did you guys list them or write out sentences for each one? 1000 characters with spaces isn't a ton for a few sentences on each thing but its also kind of a lot for a list.... thoughts?

should a publication be under awards & recognition section or under research experience?

Anyone know what dates are available for interviews? I know the II email said to email them for dates--but I haven't heard back yet and was wondering what dates they offered to applicants who've scheduled one already?
They had Oct 10 and 31 left in my response. You should hear soon. Good luck!

So I don't go here but just want to say that I survived my first musculoskeletal block at TCOM because of the anatomy lab videos posted online by Dr Preddi. My friends back home at Baylor and UT Houston apparently used his videos too! The guy's a legend and the anatomy teaching here seems awesome!

Dr Preddy is great for sure.

Anyone attending interviews on Sep. 26th??

I'll be flying all the way from Florida, and would love to meet other interviewees . Feel free to DM me.

Good luck to everyone with secondaries and interviews!

Last edited:
3 quick questions:

for the "Cumulative GPA to Date", I'm assuming thats the cumulative GPA at that institution. I took summer courses for example at a institution other then my primary undergraduate. Should the "Cumulative GPA to Date" for my primary institution include those summer courses?

Cumulative GPA is for each specific institution

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anybody have an idea on usually how quick the school gets back to you for an acceptance?
I have an interview for sept. 12th

What is the email for admissions? I have a question about letters but I can't find their email anywhere.