Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I did as well and I have already interviewed. Might explain their recent tuition increase and paid parking decision.

Okay cool, I was a little worried haha.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

Withdrawing from my interview here. Best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone interviewing on Sep. 26th??

I'll be flying all the way from Florida early on sunday, and would love to meet other interviewees. Feel free to DM me.

Good luck to everyone with interviews!

Got the final stages of review e-mail. Hoping for an invite!

So how were the interviews yesterday?!
Decent. They said at the beginning the interview was closed file but my interviewers knew pretty much everything about me except my GPA/MCAT and asked me about my background which was a bit unexpected but it was no big deal in the end

Reactions: 1 user
Yes! Secondary application! Pre-wrote most of the stuff so I'm gonna send out the app tomorrow. Definitely one of my top choices!

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that have interviewed, is the actual interview itself really only 20 minutes?

Yup! They're actually really strict on the amount of time you have with your interviewers

Ah ok. Thanks for the info. Did you feel rushed at all? I'm trying to figure out if I should not ramble on since the interview is relatively short compared to others.

Are there any current students on here that can provide on honest breakdown of the school? I just got an II, but I've already gone on several interviews with one acceptance. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Do you have a chance to ask questions to the interviewers at the end since the interview itself is only ~20 minutes?

Can any student talk about the clinical rotation quality here?

Anyone know if we are able to submit the secondary application with 2 LOR's and still be able to update admission with the 3rd one? Really would like to submit my secondary now.

The school will be closed October 3rd and 4th due to Jewish holidays

has anyone heard back since submitting their secondary earlier this month?

i submitted on 9/8

Can any student talk about the clinical rotation quality here?

They do 3rd year clinical sites in Henderson-Vegas area so you don't have far to go. As far as the quality I have no idea - but its a hospital in Vegas so your imagination can go pretty wild.

Reactions: 1 users
Submitted! First secondary submission! Anyone know the completion time and II time?

withdrew from my II, hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else interviewing on Oct 10th? Im excited to visit this school!

Anybody who has interviewed here before know if they normally get out early? I have a flight out 1.5 hours after the interview. The later option is $60 more and this cycle has taken all of my money so I'm saving anywhere I can lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody who has interviewed here before know if they normally get out early? I have a flight out 1.5 hours after the interview. The later option is $60 more and this cycle has taken all of my money so I'm saving anywhere I can lol.

Interviewed two weeks ago and our AM group got out only like 10 minutes early.

I got an email yesterday saying today was the day for the Sept 12 group. Good luck everyone!

IMO, I wouldn't risk it. Anything could happen. 1.5 hours is such a short time span.

I got it too. Do you know what time they send it?
No, but I thought it was kind of weird. She was pretty crystal clear that we wouldnt know until the 8th. Im not sure why they thought it was necessary to email us the day before we were supposed to know anyway!

No, but I thought it was kind of weird. She was pretty crystal clear that we wouldnt know until the 8th. Im not sure why they thought it was necessary to email us the day before we were supposed to know anyway!
That's what I thought too! I'm glad it's not just me with this thinking. Good luck!

IMO, I wouldn't risk it. Anything could happen. 1.5 hours is such a short time span.

Yeah I'm a little worried... worst comes to worst I'll miss it and jump on the later flight. I'll probably give the airline a call to see if that'd be okay. And make sure I wouldn't have to buy an entirely new ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Did you just get an email? I haven't gotten anything yet. I interviewed 9/12. You'll get in somewhere! Keep working hard!
Yeah got the email like 30 mins ago. It's cool I can take a loss - thanks

Accepted (interview 9/12) So incredibly thankful! Congrats to everyone else who was accepted. I wish the best of luck to those who were waitlisted and rejected.

Reactions: 4 users