TouroCOM Master's Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those that were admitted. Please tell me your statistics: overall GPA, science GPA, Extracuriculars, etc

Members don't see this ad.

Did any of you use Interfolio for your letters of recommendation?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all,

I applied and my application was complete on 2/17. It's only been 2 weeks, but I'm getting worried. Maybe it's nerves, maybe it's everyone else getting interviews, I just don't know.

I was told they're sending out interview invitations next week, but idk. Advice, comments?

3.6 gpa, 3.2 sgpa, low mcat sub 20

Hello all,

I applied and my application was complete on 2/17. It's only been 2 weeks, but I'm getting worried. Maybe it's nerves, maybe it's everyone else getting interviews, I just don't know.

I was told they're sending out interview invitations next week, but idk. Advice, comments?

3.6 gpa, 3.2 sgpa, low mcat sub 20

Just hang in there! The app deadline is in a couple of weeks so I'm sure they are being bombarded with apps at this time. If you don't hear anything by the end of next week try contacting Beth again. You have to find a happy medium between persistent and overbearing lol

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I just contacted Beth today and she said that there would not be another committee meeting until the end of March. So if you haven't interviewed or already interviewed, you would know for sure in the beginning of April.

hey guys! so I was also accepted to this program as I mentioned in my earlier post, anyone have any idea when this program starts, I know its in june but not sure what day, I would just like to have an idea so I know when to quit my current job and look for roomates and apartments etc. Can't wait till there is a fb group, maybe some of us on this thread can be roomates!

I was accepted but I never paid a deposit. I just submitted the form that states I was going to attend the school and program...does anyone know if there is a deposit to pay for this program?
i think there this but we won't get any info till april/may.

what is avg MCAT for admission into this program?

I don't think there is an avg, I think the mcat requirement is pretty low

I just contacted Beth today and she said that there would not be another committee meeting until the end of March. So if you haven't interviewed or already interviewed, you would know for sure in the beginning of April.

Ahh this makes me nervous! Beth told me I was one of the first interviewed since the last committee meeting... do any of you guys know how the committee selections work?

Ahh this makes me nervous! Beth told me I was one of the first interviewed since the last committee meeting... do any of you guys know how the committee selections work?

I don't know how they work, but realize they don't have said committee probably. It's more than likely run by professors/workers who volunteer to be on this committee or are required to as part of their job.

It'd once a month meetings, bc that's how they set it lol. At least you were interviewed, how do you think I feel lol.

I don't know how they work, but realize they don't have said committee probably. It's more than likely run by professors/workers who volunteer to be on this committee or are required to as part of their job.

It'd once a month meetings, bc that's how they set it lol. At least you were interviewed, how do you think I feel lol.

I felt pretty good and it was conversation based and pretty relaxed but I don't like this wait!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah doctorballet your fine. I mean I can't guarantee you acceptance but you interviewed. I'm in the same boat as you...I interviewed 2/9 and I haven't received an acceptance or denial letter yet. I felt pretty good too and the conversation was really relaxed. I don't like the wait either. However, what was weird was that when I called Beth to ask about financial aid questions like two weeks ago, she quickly added to the end of our conversation that I was all set to go and that the enrollment forms would be sent to me. I was sooo confused since I haven't received an acceptance letter that I just said thank you and that i look forward to receiving them and bye. I am visiting New York soon though (first time actually) so I'm just waiting to tour the school then and find out then hopefully ahhah

my theory is that the office is backed up and the rate at which they are sending out admission's decisions is slower than how fast they are "actually" accepting people, if that makes sense. hahah

Last edited:
Ahh thank you Dr. Jigsaw! That does make sense, I just wish it wasn't so! Make sure you email Beth and tell her you're going up and would like a tour. She gave me one when I went and I loved everything about the school... Making this wait even worse!

hey guys! so I was also accepted to this program as I mentioned in my earlier post, anyone have any idea when this program starts, I know its in june but not sure what day, I would just like to have an idea so I know when to quit my current job and look for roomates and apartments etc. Can't wait till there is a fb group, maybe some of us on this thread can be roomates!

Hey, so according to the website we start classes on July 27th. They offer an optional anatomy course that you can take for 0 credits (just to get assimilated to the school and studying) which starts in June but I don't know the start date of that.

Last edited:
I'm enrolled in the summer anatomy course so I received the syllabus. The class starts on June 29th and runs until July 23rd.

Nice! Yeah how did you register? Beth hasn't sent me anything about it yet :( I'm not doing it anyway because I won't be in the country for a couple of weeks during the course but I would have appreciated info on it haha

I didn't know there was a summer anatomy course, but I received an email shortly after I was accepted to the program regarding it. I was told to contact Ali Khan from Touro (he's in charge of the course registration, etc.) so I emailed him and paid the fees for the class. After the payment, he sent me a syllabus for the class. Hope this helps! :)

Hmm thats peculiar. My friend and I were both accepted and didn't recieve one. Maybe they send them out in batches!!

HI guys,
I will be interviewing very soon for the Masters Program at TOURO, with that said, I wanted a more in depth answer with regards to the interview. Can someone please tell me what types of questions were asked and whether the interview was one to one or more of a group interview or a panel interview? Also could you kindly mention the duration of the interview as well or what it was comprised of with respect to the components of the interview. Writing prompt? etc.
Thank You

HI guys,
I will be interviewing very soon for the Masters Program at TOURO, with that said, I wanted a more in depth answer with regards to the interview. Can someone please tell me what types of questions were asked and whether the interview was one to one or more of a group interview or a panel interview? Also could you kindly mention the duration of the interview as well or what it was comprised of with respect to the components of the interview. Writing prompt? etc.
Thank You

I decided to post my experience here since so many users have PM me about it. Hope this helps you and anyone else interviewing in the coming weeks!

The interview is pretty relaxed and friendly so I wouldn't worry too much about being bombarded with questions. I know other students described the interviewers as "good cop, bad cop" but I didn't really experience that in mine and neither did a friend of mine who was also accepted. I interviewed with the dean and one other faculty member. My faculty members were really nice and personable throughout the entire interview. They asked me the basic questions (introduce yourself, why medicine, why DO, what are you hoping to gain from this program, describe your study habits, etc)

The most important thing is to know your app. You don't want them to ask you about the research you did sophomore year and you're stalling and looking confused so be able to talk a little about everything on your app. Know your weakness (Why you're even applying to this program / what you're hoping to gain from it. We all have something we need to improve on obviously) and be able to explain how you've grown from those red flags on your app. In my case I knew both my MCAT and my science GPA were subpar so I made sure I had good explanations for my less than stellar academic performance. I also made sure to explain why I thought this would NOT stop me from successfully completing the program / strategies I have for making sure I complete the course work (think change in study habits). I also made sure I was able to shed light on the highlights of my app (internships, campus involvement, healthcare experiences, etc).

I also received a short tour at the beginning but I'm not sure if that was just because Dr. Pracan felt like doing it or if that is standard for all students. I've also heard of certain students getting the chance to sit in on lectures but I think that really depends on the time of your interview. Mine was in the late afternoon so all of the day's classes were over at that point. Also, Beth was in the room for other peoples interviews but she wasn't in mine because she left work early that day so be prepared for her to potentially be in yours.

Honestly, don't be too nervous. If you receive an interview it shows that they are interested in you. They just want to see who you truly are in person. Just be professional and personable and you'll be totally fine. I hope this helped! Let me know if you have any questions!!!!! Best of luck!

EDIT: No writing prompt.

Last edited:
I'm so nervous. I submitted my apps 2/5, I contacted Beth right afterwards and she said she had my stuff. Yet it's been a month and I still haven't heard back from her yet regarding an interview. Anyone else in my shoes also biting their nails everyday waiting for a miraculous interview email?

I'm so nervous. I submitted my apps 2/5, I contacted Beth right afterwards and she said she had my stuff. Yet it's been a month and I still haven't heard back from her yet regarding an interview. Anyone else in my shoes also biting their nails everyday waiting for a miraculous interview email?

I submitted my application about two weeks after you and I can't help but refresh my email every half an hour to see if I received anything lol what are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Hello I have also meet with Dr. Prancan and was advised to take the MCATs over. I am a bit nervous.. I am handing in my last transcript today.. I had a meeting to talk about my goals and plans... I do not know what to make of the meeting because he looked at my app without my last transcript.

I decided to post my experience here since so many users have PM me about it. Hope this helps you and anyone else interviewing in the coming weeks!

The interview is pretty relaxed and friendly so I wouldn't worry too much about being bombarded with questions. I know other students described the interviewers as "good cop, bad cop" but I didn't really experience that in mine and neither did a friend of mine who was also accepted. I interviewed with the dean and one other faculty member. My faculty members were really nice and personable throughout the entire interview. They asked me the basic questions (introduce yourself, why medicine, why DO, what are you hoping to gain from this program, describe your study habits, etc)

The most important thing is to know your app. You don't want them to ask you about the research you did sophomore year and you're stalling and looking confused so be able to talk a little about everything on your app. Know your weakness (Why you're even applying to this program / what you're hoping to gain from it. We all have something we need to improve on obviously) and be able to explain how you've grown from those red flags on your app. In my case I knew both my MCAT and my science GPA were subpar so I made sure I had good explanations for my less than stellar academic performance. I also made sure to explain why I thought this would NOT stop me from successfully completing the program / strategies I have for making sure I complete the course work (think change in study habits). I also made sure I was able to shed light on the highlights of my app (internships, campus involvement, healthcare experiences, etc).

I also received a short tour at the beginning but I'm not sure if that was just because Dr. Pracan felt like doing it or if that is standard for all students. I've also heard of certain students getting the chance to sit in on lectures but I think that really depends on the time of your interview. Mine was in the late afternoon so all of the day's classes were over at that point. Also, Beth was in the room for other peoples interviews but she wasn't in mine because she left work early that day so be prepared for her to potentially be in yours.

Honestly, don't be too nervous. If you receive an interview it shows that they are interested in you. They just want to see who you truly are in person. Just be professional and personable and you'll be totally fine. I hope this helped! Let me know if you have any questions!!!!! Best of luck!

EDIT: No writing prompt.
Thank YOUUUUUU SOOOOO MUCH!!! sigh, what a relief. It's just so comforting to hear it from someone who has gone through the process sort of alleviates the stress. I appreciate it.

I submitted my application about two weeks after you and I can't help but refresh my email every half an hour to see if I received anything lol what are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

No Sparksfly21, I don't mind at all. My misery of waiting for an email welcomes any company that's in my same shoes. My grades aren't so stellar and I need this program if my dream of being a doctor will ever come true. 3.3 cgpa, 2.9 sgpa, and mcat lower than 20. I have lots of medical experience to compensate: ems attendant for over 2 yrs, hospital summer healthcare internship, over 150 hospital volunteering hours which I'm still doing and adding to it, and ekg/phlebotomy certification. I just hope they put all this into consideration. Plus I'm taking kaplan course right now to help prepare for the upcoming mcat. I'm not giving up and I hope TouroCOM doesn't give up on me either. What are your stats?

Thank YOUUUUUU SOOOOO MUCH!!! sigh, what a relief. It's just so comforting to hear it from someone who has gone through the process sort of alleviates the stress. I appreciate it.

No problem. Glad I could help! Good luck!!!

Hi! I know the committee only meets maybe once a month so they might have not even met up to discuss the applications. I also know that when I went there for my interview (2/27) Beth was telling me that there had been a TON of applications coming in and that they were taking longer to get back to people. So if anything, I would contact her (I did twice) and just find out where they are with your application - Beth even told me she does not mind people checking in for the apps! I hope this helps a little bit but don't give up!

Hi! I know the committee only meets maybe once a month so they might have not even met up to discuss the applications. I also know that when I went there for my interview (2/27) Beth was telling me that there had been a TON of applications coming in and that they were taking longer to get back to people. So if anything, I would contact her (I did twice) and just find out where they are with your application - Beth even told me she does not mind people checking in for the apps! I hope this helps a little bit but don't give up!

Thanks! I didn't want to seem annoying I will email her right now.

Hey guys I need some help with my app. My app has been completed since 12/17 and it was also verified by Beth. My stats are sGPA-3.2, cGPA-2.9 and mcat below 20. I have had a lot of experience in research(3 years),shadowing, volunteering and other medical related experience. I have contacted Beth more than several time to see if there is any change in the status of my application but it still in review. I even went for a college visit and met Dr. Prancan. They promised me that they would take a look at by the end that week(2/27). I still haven't heard any change to my status and touro is my only option so I'm really freaking out. I was wondering if you guys have opinions of why they haven't said anything? I know so many other people who applied after me and with similar stats have already have gotten in. Is there any one else who is in the boat as me. Also any honest suggestion/advise would be really helpful. Thanks a lot!

Hey guys I need some help with my app. My app has been completed since 12/17 and it was also verified by Beth. My stats are sGPA-3.2, cGPA-2.9 and mcat below 20. I have had a lot of experience in research(3 years),shadowing, volunteering and other medical related experience. I have contacted Beth more than several time to see if there is any change in the status of my application but it still in review. I even went for a college visit and met Dr. Prancan. They promised me that they would take a look at by the end that week(2/27). I still haven't heard any change to my status and touro is my only option so I'm really freaking out. I was wondering if you guys have opinions of why they haven't said anything? I know so many other people who applied after me and with similar stats have already have gotten in. Is there any one else who is in the boat as me. Also any honest suggestion/advise would be really helpful. Thanks a lot!

I am in the same exact boat except I applied early February. My stats are similar too and I'm worried too. I emailed her just now and I hope to hear back from her tomorrow.

Not to be negative or anything but Beth doesn't work tomorrow so I wouldn't be surprised if you don't hear back. I almost always emailed her on Thursday and she emailed me back once saying she was sorry for the late response as she doesn't work on Fridays.

Thanks. That's really helpful. If not, I would have been thinking she was just ignoring me because she didn't want to break it to me yet that I was rejected.

Hey, I think you definitely have a good shot at getting an II. I was accepted a couple a couple of weeks ago and my stats are not too far off from yours. My GPA is around a 3.2 as well. Only difference is my MCAT is a little higher. However, when I spoke to someone in the DO admissions office about the program she told me that they accept people with teen MCATs into the program each year. Just keep hope alive. I know it sucks that you haven't heard back yet but they are getting a huge influx of apps and we don't know if they even review the apps in the order they are received.

Seems to be a theme.....I'm waiting on a transcript as well then I'm ready for review according to Beth. Hoping for the best!! Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey, I think you definitely have a good shot at getting an II. I was accepted a couple a couple of weeks ago and my stats are not too far off from yours. My GPA is around a 3.2 as well. Only difference is my MCAT is a little higher. However, when I spoke to someone in the DO admissions office about the program she told me that they accept people with teen MCATs into the program each year. Just keep hope alive. I know it sucks that you haven't heard back yet but they are getting a huge influx of apps and we don't know if they even review the apps in the order they are received.

I'm calling Beth Monday to schedule a campus visit but I would hope they review applications in the order they are received. It would be unfair if they didn't.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm calling Beth Monday to schedule a campus visit but I would hope they review applications in the order they are received. It would be unfair if they didn't.

Applications are reviewed based on stats (at least that is what I believe). I received an invitation for an interview on March 9th and my application was complete on March 4th.

Hey would you mind sharing your stats? Im a Canadian applicant who applied with a 2.95 GPA and a 35 MCAT (13/9/13). But I'm currently retaking some courses to pull above the 3.0 threshold. This program is my top choice because it clearly outlines the conditions required for acceptance into the Osteopathic Medical School. I would appreciate any advice. Best of luck to everyone!

When's the best time to look for an apartment if we're doing the summer anatomy course?

When's the best time to look for an apartment if we're doing the summer anatomy course?

Late May, early June since the summer anatomy course starts June 29. I'm usually a little paranoid especially with acclimating to different areas and findin the grocery store, laundromat, and local transportation. So I would probably start in early May and try to have an extra month just to do the move-in thing.

Late May, early June since the summer anatomy course starts June 29. I'm usually a little paranoid especially with acclimating to different areas and findin the grocery store, laundromat, and local transportation. So I would probably start in early May and try to have an extra month just to do the move-in thing.

You're all going to love NY! I would definitely suggest coming a couple of weeks early just so you can explore and enjoy the city before we're locked up for a year....

Reactions: 2 users
Hey CheerDoc where do you reccommend getting an apartment? Should we get one in Harlem or is it ok to get one in Westchester?

Same..I'm mildly nervous about finding an apartment that's close to school, livable, and not ridiculously expensive. Hopefully as time goes by, some of us can get the roommate thing going as that will make things easier.

To whoever I promised to let you know what Beth said (sry I forgot who) anyways, Beth got back to me today. Applications are all still under review sadly but she said feel free to be in touch to follow up in the coming weeks if you don’t hear from her.

Best of luck to us all :)

Hey all,

So I also contacted Beth today. For all those who have applied in February, do not fret you have not been forgotten. They're still reviewing applications. I sent her a secondary email asking more specific questions such as if applications are reviewed in the order they are received completed, courses that apply to your cGPA vs sGPA, grade replacement, how many seat in the class, and how many seats remaining. I will hopefully have the answers tomorrow. Best of luck to all the 2015 applicants! Hope this helps.

Does anyone know how full the class is at this point? I just submitted the application but I wonder would this be too late at this point? I have not heard about this program until now, especially with the guaranteed admission, i feel like im really behind.

Does anyone know how full the class is at this point? I just submitted the application but I wonder would this be too late at this point? I have not heard about this program until now, especially with the guaranteed admission, i feel like im really behind.

That was quick :)

I think that they only have 30seats. I'm not sure how full they are.

Yup Beth told me in an email that the class is normally around 75 students.