TouroCOM Master's Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone, I know it might be really late to apply but I wanted to give it a chance. I just completed and submitted my application, but I have a problem submitting my MCAT scores through the AAMC website. For some reason I cannot find Touro on their website. Am I doing something wrong? How am I supposed to submit my MCAT scores to Touro for the masters program? Also, in addition to submitting the application electronically, do we have to mail a printed copy of the application to Ms. Portnoy?Please help. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone, I know it might be really late to apply but I wanted to give it a chance. I just completed and submitted my application, but I have a problem submitting my MCAT scores through the AAMC website. For some reason I cannot find Touro on their website. Am I doing something wrong? How am I supposed to submit my MCAT scores to Touro for the masters program? Also, in addition to submitting the application electronically, do we have to mail a printed copy of the application to Ms. Portnoy?Please help. Thanks

Here are instructions on how to procure your MCAT scores submitted by @PVTO earlier in the feed

"Below are the steps that I used to submit my scores:

1 - Log in into the MCAT THx system
2 - Select "Create and Print" (3rd option listed near the bottom of the page)
3 - Choose "Create"
4 - Click on "Retrieve your report"
5 - Save/Print the page as PDF file
6 - Email the PDF file to Ms. Beth Portnoy ([email protected])

I hope this helps."

You do not have to mail your application because it was completed electronically but you do have to mail in your official transcripts from any undergrad institution ASAP so your application is officially complete before April 15th. Best of luck!

Hello all. I got accepted as well!! Congratulations to all of those who got accepted and best of luck to those who are currently applying. I look forward to meeting you guys. So far I returned the memo response to Beth, but have not received anything other than that after my acceptance. Mahham Khan did email me with two attachments about registering for the summer anatomy course. Unfortunately I won't be able to take it, but I'm sure it's worth taking!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Here are instructions on how to procure your MCAT scores submitted by @PVTO earlier in the feed

"Below are the steps that I used to submit my scores:

1 - Log in into the MCAT THx system
2 - Select "Create and Print" (3rd option listed near the bottom of the page)
3 - Choose "Create"
4 - Click on "Retrieve your report"
5 - Save/Print the page as PDF file
6 - Email the PDF file to Ms. Beth Portnoy ([email protected])

I hope this helps."

You do not have to mail your application because it was completed electronically but you do have to mail in your official transcripts from any undergrad institution ASAP so your application is officially complete before April 15th. Best of luck!
Thank you so much. I sent my official transcripts last week, but I hope they are still accepting students..

Hey everyone!
First of all congrats to all those accepted and good luck to those still waiting :) I'm a current masters who's looking for someone to take over for the month of June (ideal for those who wanna settle in for summer anatomy). If you really like the place you could even take over the lease as my current roommate and I are moving out! (she's going off for rotations and i'm planning on living with friends next year). It's literally a 5 minute walk from Touro-Harlem's campus and if you're interested/ have any Qs about housing send me a message, thanks!

Thank you so much. I sent my official transcripts last week, but I hope they are still accepting students..

I believe they're still in the reviewing process but I'm assuming the class is about 40% full (out of max 75 seats, ~30 seat have been filled).

Reactions: 1 users
Hello everyone,
I know I am late to the game and am rather confused about all of this. I just got an email to apply to this program since I didn't get into the DO program, but when I went to apply to the program it said I had already applied... Did anyone else experience this?

You probably have to start another application process. I experienced this before, so I decided to use my other email to apply for this program instead of using the old one that I used to apply for the DO program.

Hey everyone!
First of all congrats to all those accepted and good luck to those still waiting :) I'm a current masters who's looking for someone to take over for the month of June (ideal for those who wanna settle in for summer anatomy). If you really like the place you could even take over the lease as my current roommate and I are moving out! (she's going off for rotations and i'm planning on living with friends next year). It's literally a 5 minute walk from Touro-Harlem's campus and if you're interested/ have any Qs about housing send me a message, thanks!

Not sure if this is already on another thread but could you tell us what the class schedule is like if you have time? Is it full days or do they leave you some hours of the day to put in some study time? Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone,
I know I am late to the game and am rather confused about all of this. I just got an email to apply to this program since I didn't get into the DO program, but when I went to apply to the program it said I had already applied... Did anyone else experience this?

I also got this email but I haven't been rejected from the DO program yet unless I was silently rejected? I am interested in applying but to Middletown only but it also said I had already applied. I emailed them but I haven't heard back.

I also got this email but I haven't been rejected from the DO program yet unless I was silently rejected? I am interested in applying but to Middletown only but it also said I had already applied. I emailed them but I haven't heard back.
I called Ana Morillo and she told me that she thought Beth would get the info needed for the application from the DO application but to contact Beth to make sure. It is a holiday though so they are all off today and tommorow in honor of Passover. Hope that helps both of us because I would hate to start all over but would do so anyway!

I called Ana Morillo and she told me that she thought Beth would get the info needed for the application from the DO application but to contact Beth to make sure. It is a holiday though so they are all off today and tommorow in honor of Passover. Hope that helps both of us because I would hate to start all over but would do so anyway!
I am in the same situation as you! I was also recently rejected from the DO program and told to apply to this program. But the deadline is next Wednesday and Beth Portnoy is not replying to my emails/calls this week. I just want to know what documents we need to submit (i.e., transcript, MCAT scores, LORs) if Touro COM already received all these documents from our DO app. The online application system is confusing since there's no section for the MS app (it says we are already complete for our DO app). Please let me know when you get a reply!

I am in the same situation as you! I was also recently rejected from the DO program and told to apply to this program. But the deadline is next Wednesday and Beth Portnoy is not replying to my emails/calls this week. I just want to know what documents we need to submit (i.e., transcript, MCAT scores, LORs) if Touro COM already received all these documents from our DO app. The online application system is confusing since there's no section for the MS app (it says we are already complete for our DO app). Please let me know when you get a reply!

It is confusing! Were you rejected with an actual email or snail mail? I am wondering if I missed an e-mail or something because I haven't received a formal rejection but still got this email? I checked all my email folders but nothing. lol

Members don't see this ad :)

I am pretty sure there is a tab (I went through the same thing about applying). The tab should be with your previous application and somewhere on the page you can click on doing an additional application. If not some people apply with another email! I also sent in everything new again. Hope this helps!

For anyone else that accepted, did you all receive the financial aid stuff? I'm still waiting for mine!

I am pretty sure there is a tab (I went through the same thing about applying). The tab should be with your previous application and somewhere on the page you can click on doing an additional application. If not some people apply with another email! I also sent in everything new again. Hope this helps!

For anyone else that accepted, did you all receive the financial aid stuff? I'm still waiting for mine!

Still haven't received the financial aid stuff but if you on our facebook page, Beth has mentioned a couple things regarding this.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/touromasters/

Would you be so kind as to share this info with those not on Facebook?

Hey all!

For those of you wishing to make a campus visit you'll be excited to know TouroCOM (the Harlem and Middleton campus) is holding an Open House on April 23rd from 5-7 PM. More information is located on their official website. To RSVP for the Harlem campus specifically send an email to [email protected] with your name and any additional guests that will be accompanying you. Also, Dr. Prancan might be attending. For those who are still in review it could be a great way to make a first impression. Hope to see you there!

Hey all!

For those of you wishing to make a campus visit you'll be excited to know TouroCOM (the Harlem and Middleton campus) is holding an Open House on April 23rd from 5-7 PM. More information is located on their official website. To RSVP for the Harlem campus specifically send an email to [email protected] with your name and any additional guests that will be accompanying you. Also, Dr. Prancan might be attending. For those who are still in review it could be a great way to make a first impression. Hope to see you there!

Did you hear about that from an email. I'm not receiving any communication from Touro and am getting concerned.

Did you hear about that from an email. I'm not receiving any communication from Touro and am getting concerned.

I asked Beth the turn around for review and when the committee would meet again and received the response that all applicants would know their status by the summer. That did not sound very promising and I wonder if it has anything to do with the email that they sent to all the waitlisted applicants for the medical school that did not receive admission. The email suggested they apply to the MS program.

I asked Beth the turn around for review and when the committee would meet again and received the response that all applicants would know their status by the summer. That did not sound very promising and I wonder if it has anything to do with the email that they sent to all the waitlisted applicants for the medical school that did not receive admission. The email suggested they apply to the MS program.

Ya I was accepted but haven't heard anything since I was accepted

Didn't get an email. I was browsing through the website to get a number for the school and its posted there as a bright, yellow announcement. Just thought I'd share the info :)

Does anyone know if you complete the masters program at Harlem with a 3.5, if your able to transfer to the Middletown campus. The Middletown campus sounds like it has some pretty state-of-the-art equipment and technology and might provide more opportunities. I've seen a lot of videos of Middletown's campus but none for Harlem's, so I have no idea what the interior has to offer and what we're going to be working with.

Does anyone know if you complete the masters program at Harlem with a 3.5, if your able to transfer to the Middletown campus. The Middletown campus sounds like it has some pretty state-of-the-art equipment and technology and might provide more opportunities. I've seen a lot of videos of Middletown's campus but none for Harlem's, so I have no idea what the interior has to offer and what we're going to be working with.
Yup! I asked Beth that same question via email, and she said you can transfer.

Does anyone know what the class schedule is like for TouroCOM MS program? I have only seen information that states classes are taught alongside DO students. Are classes only in the mornings or evenings as well, and are they five days a week?

I want to say it's Monday to Thursday 8 AM- 4/5 PM but that might be specific to the summer anatomy class.

I know that Monday's are exam day, so if you don't have an exam there's no class and then there are clicker sessions but most of our "lectures" are online

Does anyone know when the admission committee with review apps again? I sent mine in end of March and haven't heard back since. Thanks!

Does anyone know when the admission committee with review apps again? I sent mine in end of March and haven't heard back since. Thanks!

It honestly varies when the committee reviews. It depends when they have time but I'd call Beth and ask her where you are in the process. She said that we can call her at any time and that will be happy to answer those questions.

It honestly varies when the committee reviews. It depends when they have time but I'd call Beth and ask her where you are in the process. She said that we can call her at any time and that will be happy to answer those questions.

Just spoke with Beth. She said latest, everyone should get a decision by June.

Got my financial aid email a few days ago. Got the next steps email earlier today.

sGPA: 3.25, cGPA: 3.35 (or something like that lol, i honestly don't remember). MCAT: sub 20.

sGPA: 3.25, cGPA: 3.35 (or something like that lol, i honestly don't remember). MCAT: sub 20.

Thanks! This gives me hope :) I have very similar stats to yours and I just submitted my application a week or two ago.

For those who did a skype interview, did you dress up on the top half?

Anyone receive an interview invitation yet? Or any correspondence?
Hi Alchemist2.0,
I applied in early March and have not received anything regarding an interview invite. But I noticed here that some people that applied after me, already interviewed. Not sure how they are reviewing applicants.

Does anyone know how long after the interviews will we get a decision? By phone, mail, or email? Thanks

Does anyone know how long after the interviews will we get a decision? By phone, mail, or email? Thanks

The decision is sent out by email. It takes 4 - 6 weeks... It all depends when the committee meets up - my interview was RIGHT after a committee meeting so it took me 5 weeks to hear back but I know people who heard back after a couple of days. Beth says that it's always ok to call or email and check the status.

Hey guys,

Should I apply to this program given my stats?

overall cgpa:3.15
overall sgpa:3.10

MCAT:20

MS in Medical Sciences (3.6GPA in it).
Dropped out of LECOM post-bac last year due to a "WF" in Biochem.

Hey guys,

Should I apply to this program given my stats?

overall cgpa:3.15
overall sgpa:3.10

MCAT:20

MS in Medical Sciences (3.6GPA in it).
Dropped out of LECOM post-bac last year due to a "WF" in Biochem.

You can definitely try for next cycle because I believe the deadline has officially passed for this cycle.

is anybody else getting worried??? I was complete a month ago, and have not heard anything.

Has anyone heard anything new about the possible middletown ms program?

Has anyone heard anything new about the possible middletown ms program?

I was given an invite to this program... they said if interested email them. It still has to go through the final processes of being approved but they are optimistic!

I was given an invite to this program... they said if interested email them. It still has to go through the final processes of being approved but they are optimistic!

AWESOME…did you directly reply to that email and fill out that form or did you email beth or someone from the harlem masters program?

hi! I have an interview next Friday just freaking out a little bit. anyone have any interview questions that they were asked? I am trying to find online when exactly the m.s one year program begins and ends date wise! Any comments would be extremely helpful. Good luck to everyone who are applying as well :)