TouroCOM Master's Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for those who have been accepted to middletown, did you guys interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations!! When was your application completed and when did you have your interview? And what were your stats if you don't mind sharing??
Sure. I didn't apply directly to the MS, I applied to the DO program and was referred to the MS program. I had my interview last Friday. My GPA is 3.75 MCAT : 24.
Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
I was accepted as well to Middletown ms program
Interviewed 5/14, 24 mcat, 3.2 OA, 3.0 sci, MS in biomedical sciences (tons of research and hospital care experience)

Good luck to all!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So for those who are accepted around this time is there a certain amount of time they give us for a deposit? I couldn't find anything in the program catalogue. Just wanted to save up if needed incase I do get accepted. And congrats!!
I don't think there's a deposit. They ask that you respond within 3 weeks. Good luck!

I got the email fro Beth earlier this week about my MS app being sent for review for the Middletown campus. To those who already interviewed with the Middletown campus, who did you speak with? I want to find the contact info for who I can get in touch with. I spoke to Beth on Wednesday and she told me that the Middletown campus is going to handle the apps directly and she doesn't have any information for the other campus. I really hope I can get this interview.
My stats are 2.7 UG, 3.68 grad, 30 MCAT, hopefully this is enough to get into this MS program

I got the email fro Beth earlier this week about my MS app being sent for review for the Middletown campus. To those who already interviewed with the Middletown campus, who did you speak with? I want to find the contact info for who I can get in touch with. I spoke to Beth on Wednesday and she told me that the Middletown campus is going to handle the apps directly and she doesn't have any information for the other campus. I really hope I can get this interview.
My stats are 2.7 UG, 3.68 grad, 30 MCAT, hopefully this is enough to get into this MS program
I've been emailing Dr. Stephen Jones once he emailed me about my DO app being reviewed for the MS program. According to Beth we can speak with him or admissions at Middletown for their MS program. Good luck!

For those who already interviewed, about how long did it take between application submission/agreeing to have DO app reviewed and the interview date. I was told they would get back to me shortly and it's only been one week but I haven't heard anything from admissions. Thanks!

Happy Memorial Day! For those of you who were accepted into the Middletown MS program, who is 100% going?

I was accepted into the Middletown MS program and will 100% be going but if I stand corrected, the program is still waiting for "state approval"

Just got my acceptance email as well! I interviewed Friday 5/15 and got acceptance email today 5/22. Good luck to those still waiting to hear something!

Was that for the Middletown campus or Harlem?

Is there anyone who can give me some tips about finding a place to live near the Harlem campus? My friend and I are having trouble and I have even got my mom and aunt in on the search too. I'm pretty clueless. I feel like everytime I find a place online, I can't get in contact with an actual person to ask about it...

What sites are even reliable?

Anyone know when they usually stop interviewing? I'm wondering if they're extending everything for the Middletown campus since the program hasn't been approved yet. It's only been less than two weeks since I let them review my DO file but I haven't heard anything from admissions so I don't know what to expect timeline wise.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted into Harlem! I interviewed on 05/14/15. Good luck to everyone. Now the search for living space~

Does anyone know if they will be holding a summer anatomy class for middletowns MS? Can anyone who was accepted let us know? I'm wondering when they'll plan to start classes

Spoke with Beth Portnoy today and it looks like all the interviews for the Harlem campus have been sent out. The Middletown campus is still reviewing applications and sending out interviews.

Has anyone gotten an interview invite for Middletown this week?

Just got an email about the MS program being approved for Middletown with a start date of July 27.

I just got the same email about the MS program being approved with an application attached, does anyone know when they will stop interviewing? I want to send in all of paperwork ASAP but I'm worried about my stats- 3.47cgpa 3.17sgpa 25MCAT, currently accepted into Rowan's Masters program as well

I just got the same email about the MS program being approved with an application attached, does anyone know when they will stop interviewing? I want to send in all of paperwork ASAP but I'm worried about my stats- 3.47cgpa 3.17sgpa 25MCAT, currently accepted into Rowan's Masters program as well
Based on stats of students who got accepted

Based on what accepted students posted about their stats urs seem similar. I have similar stats but the MCAT is a bit higher. Hopefully it's good enough!! Good luck

Just got the acceptance email for middletown!! Finally I can get started on this medical journey! Haven't checked my mail yet for the detailed info but I'm hoping dorms are provided.

Just got the acceptance email for middletown!! Finally I can get started on this medical journey! Haven't checked my mail yet for the detailed info but I'm hoping dorms are provided.

Congrats! Did you interview or did they just go based on your DO interview?

Congrats! Did you interview or did they just go based on your DO interview?
Thanks! Yea, they went off my DO interview. Wish I got that one but I guess the MS program is still good.

Do we know whether dorms will be provided for the Middletown masters students?

Thanks! Yea, they went off my DO interview. Wish I got that one but I guess the MS program is still good.

Do we know whether dorms will be provided for the Middletown masters students?

I'm almost positive that they will have dorms for the masters students.

Did they say there was a deadline you had to accept the offer by?
Three weeks from the date on the acceptance letter. And original documents, if needed, have to be submitted before start of class on July 27

I joined the Facebook group but it seems like it's only for the Harlem class. Is there one for middletown yet?

I just sent my Middletown app on Friday but I was unable to pay for it on tcweb.touro.edu, anyone have some insight?

I just sent my Middletown app on Friday but I was unable to pay for it on tcweb.touro.edu, anyone have some insight?

I'm having the same issue because I don't know what my Touro ID number is. I'm gonna try to call next week and ask.

Just got an email regarding the middletown program on thursday but have been out of the country till today, do you guys think it's wise of me to still apply? I sent my application in to Francis Rose today but I'm wondering if I should pay that 75$ if they'll only be looking at students that have already interviewed.
In the email I received on thursday it was stated "We are now accepting applications for the Class of 2016, with a program start date of July 27, 2015. If you are interested in applying, please complete the attached application and email it to..."

So I'm confused on whether this means they'll still accept new apps (I'm a brand new app, never interviewed) or will they only be accepting the students that have sent in apps for the Harlem campus already. Do you think they'll still interview in June?

I've been accepted to LECOM post bac but I'd much rather stay in new york, any input is appreciated! :)

Last edited:
Do they send out an information packet? I'm going to ask if we get a financial aid package and more info on housing, textbooks etc.

Just received an email for an interview at the Middletown campus.

Edited: because auto-correct hates me :)

Just got an interview invite as well. Is yours a phone interview?
Did you guys have your applications forwarded from Harlems MS, or did you apply for Middletowns DO program?

@sonz608 yes it's a phone interview. You too? Interested to know if they ask the same as the Harlem campus.

@kkosp2451 mine was forwarded from the Harlem MS.

I actually thought it was going to be a "sorry you weren't selected" email because it's been so long :)

@sonz608 yes it's a phone interview. You too? Interested to know if they ask the same as the Harlem campus.

@kkoso2451 mine was forwarded from the Harlem MS.

I actually thought it was going to be a "sorry you weren't selected" email because it's been so long :)

Yupp mine is an phone interview as well.

@kkoso2451 mine was forwarded from the Harlem MS.

Congrats! I hope it goes well!

Congrats! I hope it goes well!

Thanks! I was accepted to another program that I fully intended on going to but then this happened. Touro is way closer to where I live so this would be more ideal.

hey guys just wanted to give some info for everyone still interested
I spoke to Frank this morning and he informed me that since they just got approval for the middleton campus they will be reviewing applicants who applied for the harlem ms program AND they are accepting new applicants. The older applicants will receive interviews more quickly as they have been in the system already so for anyone still interested id say apply by this week!
he also told me that from now all interviews will be phone interviews unless you are willing to come to the campus (if you live nearby)
the new applicants can pay the 75$ application through quickpay which they'll be setting up that system shortly.
good luck to all! :)

How's the food at the cafeteria? My memory is a bit hazy about what the students said during our tour. I'm trying to decide whether I should get the minimum meal plan (I'm guessing around three meals) or the 10 meals/week.

Also, does the anatomy class include anatomy lab for which we need scrubs? I'm trying to plan everything finance wise.

@lotusblossom yeah I don't know if we need scrubs and yeah I think caf food is going to be caf food. (Probably sodexo)
How are you telling the school already what kinda of meal plan you want? Have they sent you emails in regards to housing and the dorms?

By the way, has someone started a facebook page for TouroCOM Middletown M.S. program students?

@lotusblossom yeah I don't know if we need scrubs and yeah I think caf food is going to be caf food. (Probably sodexo)
How are you telling the school already what kinda of meal plan you want? Have they sent you emails in regards to housing and the dorms?

By the way, has someone started a facebook page for TouroCOM Middletown M.S. program students?
I received an email about securing housing (which also requires purchasing one of the meal plans in order to get priority). If you've already been accepted you should ask asap if you plan on living in the dorms. When I asked Dr. Jones about houding they still weren't ready but finally sent info out Monday. Maybe they're sending the emails out in batches. And as of Monday they're still putting together the financial aid package.

And I haven't seen a fb group for the middletown campus. I joined the Harlem one thinking it was for both but it's not. Lol

@
I received an email about securing housing (which also requires purchasing one of the meal plans in order to get priority). If you've already been accepted you should ask asap if you plan on living in the dorms. When I asked Dr. Jones about houding they still weren't ready but finally sent info out Monday. Maybe they're sending the emails out in batches. And as of Monday they're still putting together the financial aid package.

And I haven't seen a fb group for the middletown campus. I joined the Harlem one thinking it was for both but it's not. Lol
oh alright. Yeah I contacted the housing person and they told me to hold tight as they would be sending a pamphlet with all the information on how to get priority housing. I'm assuming they are sending it in batches. Yeah hopefully a facebook page will be created. I tried to make one but you need at least two members I guess. I'm not too sure, it kinda just didn't let me make it haha

@

oh alright. Yeah I contacted the housing person and they told me to hold tight as they would be sending a pamphlet with all the information on how to get priority housing. I'm assuming they are sending it in batches. Yeah hopefully a facebook page will be created. I tried to make one but you need at least two members I guess. I'm not too sure, it kinda just didn't let me make it haha
I thought officials at the school make the fb page for each class, I guess not. And given the numerous threads on sdn it was strange that Touro middletown doesn't have one for each class. Lol I was trying to read up on classes/campus life stuff but nada!

Hi everyone, congrats to all who've been accepted, for those who did not make it: keep pushing it will pay off, for those applying/getting interviews: give the best of yourself! I've been accepted to MS at Harlem! so excited to finally start my journey. I'm just a bit concerned bcse I need to retake the MCAT and there's they strongly suggest the Anatomy seminar ....not sure it will work out :(

Hi everyone, congrats to all who've been accepted, for those who did not make it: keep pushing it will pay off, for those applying/getting interviews: give the best of yourself! I've been accepted to MS at Harlem! so excited to finally start my journey. I'm just a bit concerned bcse I need to retake the MCAT and there's they strongly suggest the Anatomy seminar ....not sure it will work out :(

Congrats on your acceptance! Why do you need to retake your MCAT? I think honestly you should just put all your effort into the masters program and then as long as you have a 3.5 and pass the cumulative you'll be all set for medical school!