TouroCOM Master's Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks @kkosp2451 . You probably right but don't they look at our whole application materials (including MCAT scores) for matriculation?

Members don't see this ad.

congrats to those recently accepted! if you don't mind would you be able to post your stats? I'm not really sure what the range is for students in the MS program (i think I saw someone mention a 24 MCAT in previous responses)
please and thank you!

Does anyone have a better way to get in touch with the admissions office at Middletown or with Dr. Jones? I haven't been able to reach anyone in the past few days and I'm wondering about the status of my application still

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have a better way to get in touch with the admissions office at Middletown or with Dr. Jones? I haven't been able to reach anyone in the past few days and I'm wondering about the status of my application still
In my experience sometimes they're very responsive and at other times you might not hear back for a few days.

Reactions: 1 user
congrats to those recently accepted! if you don't mind would you be able to post your stats? I'm not really sure what the range is for students in the MS program (i think I saw someone mention a 24 MCAT in previous responses)
please and thank you!
CGPA 3.24
Sgpa 3.09
MCAT 28O (10 in sciences, 8 v)
Some volunteering and shadowing
Initially applied to DO program

Good luck! :)

Thanks @kkosp2451 . You probably right but don't they look at our whole application materials (including MCAT scores) for matriculation?
Acceptance letter strictly says all you need is the 3.5 and pass on comprehensive exam and you're guaranteed admission into the medical class. I'm so glad they don't look at anything else.

So am I the only one feeling this way? After getting accepted I was super excited and happy and still know this is a great opportunity to pursue my dream. Of course there's no room for self doubts but I am a bit worried about how inundated we'll be with the work load, how long will it take to understand how to approach studying. And yes people say not to study before med school but this program decides whether we'll make it to med school. It's ok to get a 3.0 in med school but not in this program so it's freaking me out a little. Lol ugh

And I'll be applying to other schools just in case but how do students find the time to attend interviews?

@lotusblossom ok that's really good!!!
I know it looks scary, but hey we'll have to make it, there is no other acceptable option
Now for attending interview idk about that, hopefully they'll understand

So am I the only one feeling this way? After getting accepted I was super excited and happy and still know this is a great opportunity to pursue my dream. Of course there's no room for self doubts but I am a bit worried about how inundated we'll be with the work load, how long will it take to understand how to approach studying. And yes people say not to study before med school but this program decides whether we'll make it to med school. It's ok to get a 3.0 in med school but not in this program so it's freaking me out a little. Lol ugh

And I'll be applying to other schools just in case but how do students find the time to attend interviews?

You're not alone! I have an interview tomorrow and keep thinking about the 3.5 requirement. I'm not even accepted and I'm freaking out about making that cut. I have a really good GPA so maybe I shouldn't be worried but this is a different kind of situation. My mcat sucks so I'd have to retake....blah.

Positive thinking, friends! I had the same fears and doubts when I was deciding whether to go to the program. Try to remember that there have been several students who were in our current position and they've managed to succeed and become physicians. I spoke to a few 1st and 2nd years who did the Masters' program and they all said the same thing: the workload was intense but they studied hard and got that white coat. Everything will work out, we've made it this far!

And I personally don't want to look at another MCAT question ever again in life so Touro is it haha.

Reactions: 3 users

Nope! All you need is that 3.5 and the pass on the final exam! You sign a contract with them - as long as you have those requirements, you have a seat in the class.

Reactions: 1 users
Whoever has Middletown interviews coming up, if they happen to say how much of their class is filled up/how many interviews they have left, please let us know!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I've never lived in on-campus housing so I have a few questions for current students at middletown or for those who remember how the dorms were.

1. Do the kitchenettes have sinks?
2. Will a full comforter be too big for the twin bed? I'd like to just bring what I have at home instead of buying a twin one just for those beds.
3. I'm not sure how much storage space we get but do students buy small bookcases or plastic storage containers?
4. Are the chairs at the desk ergonomically designed? Do students bring their own chairs?
5. Do the beds need mattress toppers?
6. Is a mini fridge recommended?
7. Is a table/floor lamp recommended?

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Need some advice, I was accepted two weeks ago to Middletown but I would like to defer it. Has anyone had any luck deferring their acceptance from here? I can't get anyone from Middletown to call or email me back. I know it's a very busy time for them but I'm getting nervous because I have a week to make a decision. Thanks!

Hey, I'm sure your best bet is to email the General Touro admissions email. Or keep calling until they reply. I've noticed they are more receptive to phone calls after around 1pm.

Hey everyone! Need some advice, I was accepted two weeks ago to Middletown but I would like to defer it. Has anyone had any luck deferring their acceptance from here? I can't get anyone from Middletown to call or email me back. I know it's a very busy time for them but I'm getting nervous because I have a week to make a decision. Thanks!

Hey,
I would say to email the person you sent your application to, telling them you're not going.
The sooner the better.
There's a few people still waiting and that would definitely give them a chance to see how many spots are left to give.

Hey,
I would say to email the person you sent your application to, telling them you're not going.
The sooner the better.
There's a few people still waiting and that would definitely give them a chance to see how many spots are left to give.

I was able to defer my acceptance. Very nice people to talk to once you get through! Good luck everyone!!

Last edited:
Just got an interview scheduled for next week! Will be visiting the campus, any pointers on questions asked? (Or just the typical why DO, why Touro, why medicine? )

Just got an interview scheduled for next week! Will be visiting the campus, any pointers on questions asked? (Or just the typical why DO, why Touro, why medicine? )

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? And when you sent in your application?

I just received my phone interview for tuesday. I applied to the medical school and was rejected so I asked them to use all my recs and information from that. My question really is how quick should we know if we are accepted and if there is a lot of spaces left? I was accepted to Lecoms MS but I'd much rather come here.

I just received my phone interview for tuesday. I applied to the medical school and was rejected so I asked them to use all my recs and information from that. My question really is how quick should we know if we are accepted and if there is a lot of spaces left? I was accepted to Lecoms MS but I'd much rather come here.

I asked about the turn around for decisions during my interview yesterday and was told around two weeks. Good luck!

Jeez lol. Alright I guess I'll wait it out. Any thing I should be looking for in the interview besides the tell me about yourself, the why touro and why a doctor questions?

Jeez lol. Alright I guess I'll wait it out. Any thing I should be looking for in the interview besides the tell me about yourself, the why touro and why a doctor questions?

Just the usual and any weak spot in your app that may have. I hear you about waiting, I was accepted elsewhere as well and have to wait it out now with everything up in the air.

I didn't remember to ask, I did ask about the class size and was told around 35

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? And when you sent in your application?

Thanks! Mcat 23, sgpa 3.2 cgpa 3.5, publications, and experience in health ec's
Edit: sent my app in on 6/1
I didn't remember to ask, I did ask about the class size and was told around 35
woah! 35 remaining seats or 35 is the class size? thats a little scary now

Last edited:
Thanks! Mcat 23, sgpa 3.2 cgpa 3.5, publications, and experience in health ec's

woah! 35 remaining seats or 35 is the class size? thats a little scary now

35 class size.....much smaller than Harlem.

Better than Nova's which only takes like 18 though not on rolling admissions. Since I'm coming from Fl the sooner the better. It'd suck to move in less than a month.

Better than Nova's which only takes like 18 though not on rolling admissions. Since I'm coming from Fl the sooner the better. It'd suck to move in less than a month.

I am on the same boat. I am coming from Florida. Just got an interview email this morning.
Hopefully it works out.

For those interviewing congratulations and good luck!

If possible can you guys let me know how much room there is in the dorms? I'm trying to decide if I need to bring storage containers/small book shelves, closet organizers and a small side table and if they'll fit. I just don't remember the size of the dorm room. Thanks a bunch!

Did you guys receive a confirmation after you submitted your application? I submitted mine about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since.

For those interviewing congratulations and good luck!

If possible can you guys let me know how much room there is in the dorms? I'm trying to decide if I need to bring storage containers/small book shelves, closet organizers and a small side table and if they'll fit. I just don't remember the size of the dorm room. Thanks a bunch!

I'll let you know when I go on tuesday! Hopefully theyll give me a tour of the dorms I'm interested in finding out as well haha

Did you guys receive a confirmation after you submitted your application? I submitted mine about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since.

Nope! What I did was called Francis the next day and he confirmed whether my app was in

Thanks! I just wish I knew how many spots they had left open.

I'll let you know when I go on tuesday! Hopefully theyll give me a tour of the dorms I'm interested in finding out as well haha

Nope! What I did was called Francis the next day and he confirmed whether my app was in
Thanks a lot! :)

Anybody know how we can get a fb group going for class of 2016 at Middletown?

Anybody know how we can get a fb group going for class of 2016 at Middletown?

I think someone mentioned they were trying to do so but couldn't because 2 admins are required
Would definitely like to know if this happens tho!

Any pointers for the interview?

I have one coming up and it would be my first interview so I'm a little nervous.

Thanks!

Any pointers for the interview?

I have one coming up and it would be my first interview so I'm a little nervous.

Thanks!
Do not be nervous; it'll screw you over. I think it definitely screwed me over bc my interviewers here were much less conversational than at other schools.

Know the basic questions that I'm sure you've seen on these forums, your app (things that might stand out--good or bad) and you've come this far so you clearly have what it takes. Good luck! :)

Last edited:
For immunization for middletown students are we able to use the same form that's online under forms or is that only for med students? I'm trying to not pay for health insurance for July so Id have to go to my doc this month.

Any word on when they're sending out an informational/financial aid packet in the mail for accepted students?

Last edited:
hey guys! I'm a previous masters student that was recently accepted to the TouroCOM class of 2019. I was in your shoes at some point and remember having lots of questions- feel free to pm me with any questions- i believe there's a facebook group of the masters class as well if you have any other questions. good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
hey guys! I'm a previous masters student that was recently accepted to the TouroCOM class of 2019. I was in your shoes at some point and remember having lots of questions- feel free to pm me with any questions- i believe there's a facebook group of the masters class as well if you have any other questions. good luck!
Hey @desi0chick thank for reaching out and congrats!

Everybody says not to study before med school but would you recommend it since this program determines if we get into the med school? Especially if one doesn't have a science background? And how's the course load? Did you ever get free time to just relax or workout?

Also are students super competitive?

Thanks a lot and good luck in the upcoming year. :)

Hey @desi0chick thank for reaching out and congrats!

Everybody says not to study before med school but would you recommend it since this program determines if we get into the med school? Especially if one doesn't have a science background? And how's the course load? Did you ever get free time to just relax or workout?

Also are students super competitive?

Thanks a lot and good luck in the upcoming year. :)

I personally didn't study before the program, but then again I was coming right out of undergrad- so instead of studying I made sure to enjoy my summer because I had already taken so much science in undergrad. I was contemplating on taking the summer anatomy course but didn't do it because I figured I would just study hard for it. Therefore if you don't have a science background, I would probably consider taking summer anatomy. It's hard to pre-study for any of the courses without having access to the iTunes and from what I've heard this semester there are small changes being made to the curriculum so I wouldn't waste my time trying to study for something when the syllabus hasn't even been set. Free time definitely exists- but usually after exams haha. So make sure to enjoy yourself and celebrate when you do well on an exam-studying 24/7 isn't the way to go, planning right is. I personally didn't have time to work out because I didn't make it a priority much (oops) but I strongly encourage it!

This program is known to be competitive so yes, students are competitive- you will be competing with many smart students in the masters program but we're all in this together so don't let that competition get in the way of things. You all have potential if you made it in the program- just keep your end goal in mind! Also don't lose faith, there were times I questioned if I'd make it, but believe in yourself and REACH out for help, first years, second years and prior masters students are always willing to help, good luck guys!

Reactions: 2 users
So is July 27th the first day of classes or the first day of the summer anatomy class?

I personally didn't study before the program, but then again I was coming right out of undergrad- so instead of studying I made sure to enjoy my summer because I had already taken so much science in undergrad. I was contemplating on taking the summer anatomy course but didn't do it because I figured I would just study hard for it. Therefore if you don't have a science background, I would probably consider taking summer anatomy. It's hard to pre-study for any of the courses without having access to the iTunes and from what I've heard this semester there are small changes being made to the curriculum so I wouldn't waste my time trying to study for something when the syllabus hasn't even been set. Free time definitely exists- but usually after exams haha. So make sure to enjoy yourself and celebrate when you do well on an exam-studying 24/7 isn't the way to go, planning right is. I personally didn't have time to work out because I didn't make it a priority much (oops) but I strongly encourage it!

This program is known to be competitive so yes, students are competitive- you will be competing with many smart students in the masters program but we're all in this together so don't let that competition get in the way of things. You all have potential if you made it in the program- just keep your end goal in mind! Also don't lose faith, there were times I questioned if I'd make it, but believe in yourself and REACH out for help, first years, second years and prior masters students are always willing to help, good luck guys!
Good to know. Thanks a lot!!

I've just been accepted to the MS program at Middletown, but still have some questions regarding the classes. I've never taken an anatomy course, how hard will it be from people's past experience and would you recommend that I take the summer anatomy class. Also for the rest of the classes, were they difficult to get through? how were the exams? Also sorry if these questions seem really basic, just some questions that keep running through my mind.