TouroCOM Master's Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also, I asked today if the class was full and I was told that they have only filled 28/35 spots yet. So those of you who are still waiting to hear back, take heart!

I wonder if those 28 spots are confirmed by the students or if they're 28 acceptances that were offered.

Members don't see this ad.

For those living in the dorms are you guys buying a new chair for the desk? The ones that come with the room looks like it could cause back pain in the future lol

Members don't see this ad :)
To those who have been accepted (to Middletown), how long after your interview did you receive your acceptance? Were you notified by phone, email, or mail?

Thanks!

For those living in the dorms are you guys buying a new chair for the desk? The ones that come with the room looks like it could cause back pain in the future lol

Yupp! I saw the chair and immediately made a mental note to bring my desk chair from home. Totally agree.

To those who have been accepted (to Middletown), how long after your interview did you receive your acceptance? Were you notified by phone, email, or mail?

Thanks!

I received my acceptance 8 days later via email. Good luck!

The 28/35 is probably confirmed by the students.

Reactions: 1 user
Yupp! I saw the chair and immediately made a mental note to bring my desk chair from home. Totally agree.

I received my acceptance 8 days later via email. Good luck!

The 28/35 is probably confirmed by the students.
Ok good! I thought I was being picky.

I was interviewed last week but still haven't heard anything back yet, do I still have a chance?? :shrug:

If the two weeks haven't passed yet then I wouldn't be too concerned. Relax. Enjoy your time off. You'll find out eventually.

I got in contact with the admissions office and they are still sending out interviews! I got an interview as well :)

Hopefully decisions will be sent out sometime next week!

Reactions: 1 users
Are they offering the Middletown campus for 2015? I thought they were still in the preliminary phase of forming a masters program for middeltown and Harlem was the only one that had the MS program?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got in contact with the admissions office and they are still sending out interviews! I got an interview as well :)

Hopefully decisions will be sent out sometime next week!

Are you referring to Middletown? how did you get in touch with the admissions office? they never pick up my calls lol :bang:

How did you get in touch with the admissions office, they never pick up my calls lol :bang:

I called the (845) 648-1000 number and pressed the option for admissions. I spoke with someone from the office who asked me my availability and scheduled me for an interview early next week.

Hey Everyone!

I haven't been on this thread in a while so congrats to everyone that has been accepted to both Harlem and Middletown! My friend and I were both accepted to Harlem back in February. However, we decided to defer our acceptances until 2016 due to family and financial situations. We will both be in a much better head space next year where we can fully commit to the program. Best of luck to everyone and hopefully our deferrals freed up two spots for someone else!!!!! Xx

Hey Everyone!

I haven't been on this thread in a while so congrats to everyone that has been accepted to both Harlem and Middletown! My friend and I were both accepted to Harlem back in February. However, we decided to defer our acceptances until 2016 due to family and financial situations. We will both be in a much better head space next year where we can fully commit to the program. Best of luck to everyone and hopefully our deferrals freed up two spots for someone else!!!!! Xx

Hope everything works out :)

Are they offering the Middletown campus for 2015? I thought they were still in the preliminary phase of forming a masters program for middeltown and Harlem was the only one that had the MS program?

Yes, theyre offering seats in the MS program for Middletown, they got approval recently (last month I beleive) so they began the application process for it rather late. Now both Harlem and Middletown campuses have the M.S. program

Hey all,

I just reached out to Beth about the MS Program at TouroCOM-Harlem. She informed me that they are no longer offering acceptances to Harlem. But if you are still under review at Middletown that is your only saving grace. So if you are curious about your status at Middletown call their admissions directly. Otherwise, you will be notified of your "official status" at the end of the cycle (in other words, you'll get a rejection letter). Best of luck!

Hey all,

I just reached out to Beth about the MS Program at TouroCOM-Harlem. She informed me that they are no longer offering acceptances to Harlem. But if you are still under review at Middletown that is your only saving grace. So if you are curious about your status at Middletown call their admissions directly. Otherwise, you will be notified of your "official status" at the end of the cycle (in other words, you'll get a rejection letter). Best of luck!

Thanks! Did they say when the admissions cycle ends for Middletown? I feel like they haven't sent out acceptances for a while now..

Thanks! Did they say when the admissions cycle ends for Middletown? I feel like they haven't sent out acceptances for a while now..
I was told when I interviewed with dr. Jones that they would stop accepting applications by june 19 and they were hoping to finish the whole process by june 25-26

I was told after my interview that I wouldn't hear back for 2 weeks. But idk what's going on honestly.

I was told after my interview that I wouldn't hear back for 2 weeks. But idk what's going on honestly.

I had my interview a earlier this week and was told I'd hear back by the end of the week but I'm still getting a little anxious

Same here, It's been about 2 weeks since my interview and still haven't heard anything back.

You should call them and ask since its been two weeks for you and let us know what happened.

You should call them and ask since its been two weeks for you and let us know what happened.

I've called admissions at Middletown numerous times, most of the time nobody picks up.

Can someone confirm that this is the correct number to reach Middletown admissions: 845-648-1111

Last edited:
I've called admissions at Middletown numerous times, most of the time nobody picks up.

Can someone confirm that this is the correct number to reach Middletown admissions: 845-648-1111

Try calling 845-648-1000 and pressing the option for admissions as well.

Hi guys! ACCEPTED WOOOHOOO!!!! :) Thank you God!
I've been a long time lurker of this thread and SDN in general, but I thought it was high time I posted since I'll be beginning my medical school journey with Touro come next month yay!
Congrats to all those who've been accepted and the best of luck to all who are waiting.
To those accepted, I got a few questions for you about housing. It is something that I am pretty clueless about right now. I wasn't even sure I'd be accepted until a few hours back so I never bothered with any research.
Anywho, would anyone be kind enough to shed some light on the housing situation? Would it be better to live in the dorms on campus or live off campus and commute to class? If I choose the latter, I'm thinking about the NYC area. Is anyone still interested in rooming? Apologies for the laundry list of questions, but I'd appreciate any replies and insight on the whole matter! You are free to PM/email me in detail as well.

I've been a long time lurker of this thread and SDN in general, but I thought it was high time I posted since I'll be beginning my medical school journey with Touro come next month yay!
Congrats to all those who've been accepted and the best of luck to all who are waiting.
To those accepted, I got a few questions for you about housing. It is something that I am pretty clueless about right now. I wasn't even sure I'd be accepted until a few hours back so I never bothered with any research.
Anywho, would anyone be kind enough to shed some light on the housing situation? Would it be better to live in the dorms on campus or live off campus and commute to class? If I choose the latter, I'm thinking about the NYC area. Is anyone still interested in rooming? Apologies for the laundry list of questions, but I'd appreciate any replies and insight on the whole matter! You are free to PM/email me in detail as well.

Oooook so first thing's first: CONGRATS!! Second thing, join the fb group, I'll post the link below. Now, the housing situation is kinda iffy. I'm not sure if there are any rooms left, so you'll want to contact Cindy ASAP to find out. If you want to commute, I'd suggest looking around the immediate area. The commute from Middletown to NYC is somewhere up an hour, and that sounds like a grad student's hell. I suppose if your heart was set on NYC it's not impossible but I highly doubt you'll be able to find someone from the program who can room with you. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions. I move in next Sunday for the summer class so I'd be happy to help you if I can.

This is the FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/717840518328235/
Feel free to post your questions there. I really hope everything works out!

Oooook so first thing's first: CONGRATS!! Second thing, join the fb group, I'll post the link below. Now, the housing situation is kinda iffy. I'm not sure if there are any rooms left, so you'll want to contact Cindy ASAP to find out. If you want to commute, I'd suggest looking around the immediate area. The commute from Middletown to NYC is somewhere up an hour, and that sounds like a grad student's hell. I suppose if your heart was set on NYC it's not impossible but I highly doubt you'll be able to find someone from the program who can room with you. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions. I move in next Sunday for the summer class so I'd be happy to help you if I can.

Thank you!!! As of now, I'm looking at sorting out the whole dorm issue. If anyone who just got accepted as well is interested, you can let me know. I guess I'll join the FB group and go from there. True, NYC doesn't sound like a good idea at this point in time especially since I'm from out of state. I think I'd be better off dorming or living in the area at least for this year so I'd get to know the city and campus more. And it's a pretty big move for me so I'm sure questions will pop up..thanks for the help!!

Congratulations to the both of you. Look forward to meeting you guys. @lostdoc92, doesn't the anatomy course start this coming Monday? It may just have been a typo in your post, but if you plan on moving in, this Sunday would probably be better. Just thought I'd clarify, otherwise that's a week of class down the drain.

Hey!

Congrats on your acceptance! If I'm understanding your post correctly it seems as if you've been accepted to Middletown. I would HIGHLY suggest rethinking your decision to live in NYC. Middletown is about an hour from where I live in Westchester County and I am about an hour from NYC. So basically you're looking at a 1.5 hour commute each way to school each day. Living in NYC is great and fun but you'll never have a chance to enjoy all that the city has to offer because you'll be too busy hating your commute lol

I think you're better off living in the dorms or finding a cheap apartment in the Middletown area. I heard rent prices are really good up there. Best of luck this year!!! Hope this helps!!

Congratulations to the both of you. Look forward to meeting you guys. @lostdoc92, doesn't the anatomy course start this coming Monday? It may just have been a typo in your post, but if you plan on moving in, this Sunday would probably be better. Just thought I'd clarify, otherwise that's a week of class down the drain.

lol! I mean this coming Sunday 6/28. Difference in what you and I define next Sunday :D Will you be attending the summer class too? Can't wait to see you!

lol! I mean this coming Sunday 6/28. Difference in what you and I define next Sunday :D Will you be attending the summer class too? Can't wait to see you!

Yhup. I'll be taking the anatomy course. I actually moved in some of my stuff on Thursday, but will be bringing some last minute things on Sunday. Let me know if you have any questions about moving in.

Hey everyone,

I just got off the phone with the admissions office at TouroCOM- Middletown. I spoke with Frank and he informed me they have not yet met their quota and will be sending out acceptances by the end of this week (Wednesday/Thursday). For those of you who are having trouble contacting admissions, the best way is to call their main line (845) 648-1000 and then follow the dial pad for admissions. It's press 2 and then 1. They picked up on the 5th ring for me. Make sure you say you're calling about the master's program because the admissions offices are not quite separate yet.

As a side note (not sure if I posted this already), I recently reached out to Beth and she informed me they are no longer sending out acceptances for TouroCOM-Harlem. Final notices will be sent out around mid-July (I'm assuming since the program starts at the end of July...which honestly is a moot point because at that point you probably already know, right?) As always, best of luck to everyone. I hope the next time we meet is in class.

Hey I had a question a outs stats getting in I have the opposite problem that most people have when asking this kind of question. I have a good MCAT(29 10,10,9) but a crummy gpa ( 2.9 for cum and gpa engineering major who blew out both knees in junior and senior year(one in junior in middle of semester one senior year middle of semester.) my EC and LORs are great(working on physician letter though) I'm just worried about the gpas(taking psych and sociology but probably won't be enough) do I have a shot??

Has anyone heard back from admissions recently? If so, when?

Hey! I received an acceptance last Friday! I can't wait to meet all you guys and can't believe my dream is coming true :soexcited:

Hi, I was interviewed for the Middletown campus on June 3 and still haven't received any confirmation. I called the office on Monday and they said they'd send something by the end of the week but I still haven't heard anything. Did anyone who was interviewed at the same time as me hear anything back?

Hi, I was interviewed for the Middletown campus on June 3 and still haven't received any confirmation. I called the office on Monday and they said they'd send something by the end of the week but I still haven't heard anything. Did anyone who was interviewed at the same time as me hear anything back?

Yes, i was interviewed around that time as well. I still haven't heard anything back.

Apparently they are changing the class size. I do not know to what capacity.

They're increasing the class size to around 60ish students. I called to speak with financial aid on Monday and they mentioned that since the class size has doubled now, they are kind of behind with everything.

I just spoke with Frank and he said they are done reviewing applications and will be sending out emails in the next few days

I just spoke with Tom and they said their agenda today is to have sent all confirmations by the end of the day.