Program-Specific Info / Q's Towson University 2016 Admissions Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey! Has anyone been accepted off the wait list yet??

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! Has anyone been accepted off the wait list yet??
I called admissions Monday and no one has been accepted off the wait list. I tried to do some research last night, and it seems in the past 2 years they started to pull from the wait list 4 weeks after the deadline to claim your spot. So the first people may hear back in may. Where are you on the wait list? Top, middle or bottom third?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm in the top third. I emailed Sonia right after I heard I was waitlisted and she said they would be pulling from the wait list the following week which would have been the week of the 4th but I haven't heard anything since.

Members don't see this ad :)
But that's comforting to know they haven't gone out yet. I wonder what the hold up is...

I'm in the top third. I emailed Sonia right after I heard I was waitlisted and she said they would be pulling from the wait list the following week which would have been the week of the 4th but I haven't heard anything since.
LOL well that's conflicting information. Another applicant told me some schools hold off on pulling from the wait list to see if any more spots open to accept a larger amount of people on the waitlist. I'm in the top third also, so I hope we both hear good news soon. What are your stats of you don't mind me asking? You don't have to tell me them.
But that's comforting to know they haven't gone out yet. I wonder what the hold up is...

Me too!

3.4 Undergrad from Loyola University Maryland
4.0 in prereqs (still have physics)
Only 200 or so hours in multiple settings (currently volunteering in the OT clinic at Walter Reed Military Medical Center)
5 recommendations

I'm 30 so this is a career change for me and I work full time. My previous jobs include daycare (6mo-4yrs), meals on Wheels (working with mostly elderly) and now I work with graduate students at an education management association. That's pretty much it I think.

Me too!

3.4 Undergrad from Loyola University Maryland
4.0 in prereqs (still have physics)
Only 200 or so hours in multiple settings (currently volunteering in the OT clinic at Walter Reed Military Medical Center)
5 recommendations

I'm 30 so this is a career change for me and I work full time. My previous jobs include daycare (6mo-4yrs), meals on Wheels (working with mostly elderly) and now I work with graduate students at an education management association. That's pretty much it I think.
Wow you have great experiences, and an amazing pre-requisite gpa. I think towson looks at your last60 credit gpa

Last edited:
Oh right, last 60 is 3.5 I think. Anyway, let me know if you hear anything! Good luck!

Hey everyone, I was waitlisted on 4/4/16 and was accepted off the waitlist on Monday 4/18/16 but I let them know they I decided on another program which thankfully didnt rewuire Physics. All the best to you still on the waiting list, on't loose hope!

Hey everyone, I was waitlisted on 4/4/16 and was accepted off the waitlist on Monday 4/18/16 but I let them know they I decided on another program which thankfully didnt rewuire Physics. All the best to you still on the waiting list, on't loose hope!
Hey, thank you for the heads up. May I ask what your stats for Towson were?

I'm sure you're all sick of me posting on this thread, but I just wanted to share some info I found out about the wait list. There has been very little movement off the wait list that they are used to this time of year. They will be notifying people on the wait list as soon as more people give up there spots. So hopefully for those of us on the wait list, more spots will open up. I'm not the next to be taken off, but I'm within the next couple of people to be taken off, so I'm really nervous :scared:

I'm sure you're all sick of me posting on this thread, but I just wanted to share some info I found out about the wait list. There has been very little movement off the wait list that they are used to this time of year. They will be notifying people on the wait list as soon as more people give up there spots. So hopefully for those of us on the wait list, more spots will open up. I'm not the next to be taken off, but I'm within the next couple of people to be taken off, so I'm really nervous :scared:
Hey Marie12 I'm curious how you got this information by email or phone. I emailed them after being notified I was wait listed, and know that I am within the top 1/3 of the wait list. I want to email them again for an update to see if I'm any closer to being pulled, but I'm not sure how to word the Email without sounding like I'm begging for info. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Marie12 I'm curious how you got this information by email or phone. I emailed them after being notified I was wait listed, and know that I am within the top 1/3 of the wait list. I want to email them again for an update to see if I'm any closer to being pulled, but I'm not sure how to word the Email without sounding like I'm begging for info. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
I emailed them. When I emailed them, I asked if there had been any movement yet off the wait list. I kept it very general, and then they emailed me saying I am not the next, but one the next couple of people to be pulled. I feel like as long as you keep it general you won't come off as begging! Good luck!

Thanks I sent them an email hopefully I'll hear back soon. Towson really knows how to keep a student waiting :(. Good luck to you too!

I got accepted! Can any current students tell me what their Monday-Friday schedule was like their first year? Thanks!

Has anyone else heard anything about the waitlist? I feel pretty hopeless about my chances now that it's already June :(

Don't give up! Have you called or emailed anyone at Towson recently? If you have completed any classes or added any volunteer hours you could let them know while also inquiring about your place on the wait list. Who knows perhaps the completion of a class may move you up on the list, although I am not sure how it works. But I know those who were wait listed in the past in some cases got accepted as late as August and I don't believe they send out rejection letters until August so there is always hope. Be a squeaky wheel, show them you want it and keep your name in the forefront of their mind. It can't hurt to try, the worst they can tell you is no and at least then you would have an answer.
I was all done with prereqs by time they started reviewing applications. I should update my prereq on this post. They accepted my physics class from the fall (they didn't need the other physics class I took this spring), so my prereq gpa ended up being a 3.73 not 3.79. I do contact admissions fairly often asking about updates and letting them know I am still interested in the school, and I will definitely continue to do that. That makes me feel better knowing people have been accepted that late! Good thing is I am one of the next people to be taken off. I just selfishly hope that a few more people give up their spots lol. Thank you again for your support and congratulations again on your acceptance!

Hey everyone, I was just accepted off the wait list, but I have recently decided that the school that accepted me was a better match for me (and I live out of state so that would be very difficult to figure out now) I hope one of you gets a call soon. Good Luck!

Does anyone know if its true that Towson is doing interviews now? On their website it says
" After our initial review of applicants, top candidates will be invited to participate in an interview. The results of the interview, along with materials submitted through OTCAS, will be used to make final admission decisions."

...Is this starting this cycle? I know previous cycles did not have interviews....

Does anyone know if its true that Towson is doing interviews now? On their website it says
" After our initial review of applicants, top candidates will be invited to participate in an interview. The results of the interview, along with materials submitted through OTCAS, will be used to make final admission decisions."

...Is this starting this cycle? I know previous cycles did not have interviews....
I would imagine since it does not say starting with the fall of 2018 applications, as it states on the website for the GRE portion that they are requiring interviews for this cycle. I also read on the site that the deadline for paperwork is in February I believe, so I would think interviews would be held after that point. You could always call the school and ask, as this would appear to be a new process they are implementing this year. Best of luck!

Towson is having interviews. I went for the early admission interview and they said they will do regular admission interviews as well. Good luck!

Hi everyone! Can you please share, did Towson require the GRE?

Did anyone apply to Towson this application cycle and have heard back yet? I know the deadline hasn't passed yet but I reached out to them to make sure my application was complete after submitting and they have not gotten back to me.