Program-Specific Info / Q's Towson?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTapplicant78

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received an email from Towson today. It informed me that I am still under consideration, but in order to remain so I need to resubmit a bunch of information directly to them. Namely, I need to resend all of my transcripts. Of course I am going to go ahead and do it - but it does seem redundant. I thought I was done with all of the applications!

Members don't see this ad.

I received an email from Towson today. It informed me that I am still under consideration, but in order to remain so I need to resubmit a bunch of information directly to them. Namely, I need to resend all of my transcripts. Of course I am going to go ahead and do it - but it does seem redundant. I thought I was done with all of the applications!

I applied there too! I haven't received anything from them yet..still hopeful! At least it was an email for more information rather than an email declining you a spot. Hopeful for you too!

Who applied this time around? And does anyone know when we should be hearing back from Towson?

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied back in September. I haven't heard a peep...not even a confirmation that they got my application. No idea when we'll hear back.

I applied to Towson and still haven't heard anything back from them. I'm also nervous that I didn't receive an email from them asking for me to resubmit transcripts as on their website they say " After the application deadline has passed, applicants will be ranked based on their application materials. The most competitive applicants will be notified via their OTCAS email, giving instructions to apply to Towson University and pay the application fee and submit official transcripts to receive further consideration." Since I haven't heard from them, does anyone know if this means I'm no longer being considered?? Thanks.

@OTapplicant78 Have they given you any further instructions since they asked you to resubmit transcripts? Based on what @korman621 is saying, maybe this is good news for you?

I think you're right @korman621 that if we haven't received an email from Towson asking for transcripts and the application fee, that we are most likely no longer being considered. At least I can stop wondering. Is Towson a silent rejector? (As in they don't formally send you a rejection...they just kinda don't ever respond)

Got the official email today saying that I was not accepted to Towson. At least it's a decision! Better than wondering for a few more weeks

I got the impression that out of state students weren't going to be accepted if there were any minimally qualified in-state students. That was from a phone call I made years ago. Since Towson is the only OT school in Maryland, that sorta made sense. Just not as helpful for people who are just over the borders of other states (or DC). I didn't get a rejection letter or anything.

I'm out of state. Here are my stats:

Major: Biology, Economics Minor
Overall GPA: 3.3 (Undergrad GPA: 3.19)
Last 60: 3.70
Prereq GPA: Somewhere between 3.72 and 3.97 (depending on the school)

OT observation hours: 20 in hand therapy, 20 in pediatric outpatient hospital clinic, 23 in inpatient pediatric hospital, 52 in skilled nursing facility (115 hours total)
GRE: 155 V (66%), 149 Q (37%) and 4.0 W (54%)
Extracurriculars: 4-year NCAA DIII Varsity Softball, Pre-Health Society, Alpha Phi Omega (National Co-ed Service Fraternity), Alpha Lambda Delta (National Honor Society)
Other: Worked for 3 months as a clinical associate helping children and adolescents with autism overcome severe behavioral challenges, currently working as a PT Aide in an outpatient clinic that offers both PT and OT (500+ hours)

Good luck to everybody still waiting on decisions!

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone heard anything about when Towson plans on sending out acceptance letters?

has anyone heard anything about when Towson plans on sending out acceptance letters?

I haven't heard a word from them since they confirmed on February 11 that my additional materials had been received. I just checked the "status checker" link they emailed me, and all fields are empty. Given that their website says acceptances are distributed around March 15, I have kind of assumed they're waiting to hear from their first round of acceptances before they notify the rest of us. But no one on Grad Cafe has said anything either...

I emailed the admissions coordinator and she said she mailed out the decision letters on Monday May 25th. I am one of the people that received the email saying that I am a "competitive applicant" back in February and had to resubmit my transcripts and demographic info. I AM SO ANXIOUS I AM ABOUT TO SET UP CAMP BY MY MAILBOX

They claimed they sent me two letters in the mail and an email requesting that extra material to be sent in, but I never got anything so I obviously didn't send it by the deadline. So they automatically disqualified me. Same thing happened to a friend who applied to Towson for another program. Fishy.

OTapplicant78, that's ridiculous!

I got my letter in the mail today informing me that I am waitlisted, however I don't know my number on the waitlist. Has anyone else heard back?

Checking the mailbox religiously! and having my mom check our mailbox at home because I don't know if it's going to my primary or current address

Just got my acceptance packet in the mail yesterday. Compared to other acceptance letters I've received, this one was so lackluster you would have thought I'd been rejected! They immediately dove into what I needed to do next - the second sentence of the letter was about a mandatory orientation. Nothing about being a good fit for the program, their excitement about this incoming class, etc.

I'm going to be declining, so good luck to CreativeMentalHealthOT and others on the waitlist.

futureotter, that is so frustrating! Really sorry to hear...but maybe you're better off in a program that is a little more put-together. It seems like Towson isn't very communicative, and given that their website said letters would be sent by mid-March, they really should have emailed those who submitted the additional info to let us know of the revised ETA.

I just received an acceptance packet in the mail as well but I will also be declining. Good luck to everyone else who applied and is waiting to hear back!