TPR/EK vs 2015 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnwilmot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So it seems that most people on here who score above a 500 on the TPR/EK practice exams go on to do quite well on the actual exam, but how much of that is due to a response bias?

Isn't it possible that only the people who do well will post their scores on here?

I've been scoring above 506's on the TPR exams, and wondering what that might mean for the actual exam since it seems like most people pull up their scores by quite a lot. My target is at least a 511/512 and I'm taking the July 17 exam.

Members don't see this ad.

Of course there's response bias. But it's also pretty well established that test companies deflate your practice test scores, so it's very likely you'll score higher on the real thing.

I've heard the same thing. Test companies deflate your scores so you will probably do better on the actual exam.

So it seems that most people on here who score above a 500 on the TPR/EK practice exams go on to do quite well on the actual exam, but how much of that is due to a response bias?

Isn't it possible that only the people who do well will post their scores on here?

I've been scoring above 506's on the TPR exams, and wondering what that might mean for the actual exam since it seems like most people pull up their scores by quite a lot. My target is at least a 511/512 and I'm taking the July 17 exam.
Good Luck this friday!