TPR Incorrect Information About MCAT 2015?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Parcas

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I bought TPR 2015 book set in like March 2015. But the books incorrectly state the number of questions and time for each section. They claim that each section is 67 Q and 95 min (CARS is 60 Q and 90 min), but this information is wrong according to the AAMC website. AAMC states there are 59 Q with 95 min (CARS is 53 Q with 90 min). Obviously AAMC is correct, but why did TPR make this mistake? It makes me lose credibility in their books...

Members don't see this ad.

What? Not sure how to respond to that... Maybe they wanted to be ahead of the curve...and took an educated guess? Idk...that information is readily available on AAMC.

I bought TPR 2015 book set in like March 2015. But the books incorrectly state the number of questions and time for each section. They claim that each section is 67 Q and 95 min (CARS is 60 Q and 90 min), but this information is wrong according to the AAMC website. AAMC states there are 59 Q with 95 min (CARS is 53 Q with 90 min). Obviously AAMC is correct, but why did TPR make this mistake? It makes me lose credibility in their books...

Anyone who says you only need a single resource is selling you something (presumably the thing they say will cover everything).

Also, everyone makes mistakes. Case in point, I don't think the bolded is correct (they lose credibility, not the other way around). They possibly had a rushed product, but to say the random mistakes will really hurt your score gives TPR (or any other company) more credit for your perfomance than is due. I used the set nearly exclusively (AAMC rules all!) and got 86-96% prelim. I'd say you could have success with any other review set as well.

Anyone who says you only need a single resource is selling you something (presumably the thing they say will cover everything).

Also, everyone makes mistakes. Case in point, I don't think the bolded is correct (they lose credibility, not the other way around). They possibly had a rushed product, but to say the random mistakes will really hurt your score gives TPR (or any other company) more credit for your perfomance than is due. I used the set nearly exclusively (AAMC rules all!) and got 86-96% prelim. I'd say you could have success with any other review set as well.

Hehe, yes I meant they lose the credibility. But I agree with you, everyone does make mistakes -- I was only double checking to see if anyone else experienced my confusion. TPR is pretty good otherwise. And I never said the "random mistakes would really hurt my score."

They have a list of corrections and additions to their books if you look it up, this error is listed.

Reactions: 1 user