TPR Online Practice Passages

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dwc929

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on these? Some are ridiculously hard in my opinion...

Members don't see this ad.

I found them to be really helpful and a a great way to refresh old concepts. I didnt find them to be too difficult. IMO, I think the difficulty of the practice passage questions are slightly easier if not on par with the level of difficulty of the real MCAT. Sure there are a few that are difficult (especially in the chem section of the practice passages), but on the large, the practice passages are the level of difficulty you should expect on the real thing.

If you're talking about the TPR diags, then thats a different story. I think the verbal and physical sciences sections of most of the diags are insanely hard and not representative of the real MCAT. Some diags are more do-able than others though. I found the bio sections of the diags to be helpful, although a little too easy.

Any thoughts on these? Some are ridiculously hard in my opinion...

I think they're hard and don't test concepts. In other words, good practice for the MCAT. ;) At first I thought they were really ridiculous after practicing with EK, but now after taking some AAMCs, I'm finding they're kind of similar to the real thing. I.e. a lot of them are more about reading comprehension and less about conceptual stuff. They're still harder & weirder than AAMCs though, imo.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea I guess looking back on it it was not as "ridiculous" as I first made it out to be. I just hit a bad stretch of some GChem passages that were :eek:

Science workbook's not too bad. There are hard passages interspersed with easy ones in the workbook.
The ICC, however, has to have the most difficult science passages in the MCAT market out there. Some of the bio passages were like..... whoaaaaa.

I'm taking a TPR course right now and I honestly feel like they sandbag EVERYTHING in order to make good on their guarantee.

I took test 9 (the last one) "For fun" while screwing off at work, having done nothing but work through half an EK+read the corresponding Kaplan book section. I scored a respectable 30 (10, 10, 10)

I later took test 1 having sat through a week of the TPR class and scored a whopping 24, with a 6 in one section.

It might just be me trying to explain my profound drop in test-taking ability after studying with TPR, but I could swear they arrange those things so your diagnostic score exhibits a distinct upward trend.

at least I sure as h*ll hope so....

Could it be just luck with your #9 or was it distinctly easier than #1? I took that #1 and got a 26.

I thought the Verbal on #1 was pretty ridiculous. Other than that, it seemed pretty reasonable and maybe BS even a little too easy. Even after doing several other TPR diagnostics, I still can't get over how hard the verbal on #1 was...

I thought the Verbal on #1 was pretty ridiculous. Other than that, it seemed pretty reasonable and maybe BS even a little too easy. Even after doing several other TPR diagnostics, I still can't get over how hard the verbal on #1 was...

Verbal on 1 is nuts... because it's there diagnostic on which your guarantee rests....

..I think it's b/c of all that 'mapping' they've been teaching us.I've been getting progressively worse on verbal. Even my test #1 verbal score was better than #4 verbal score.