TPR or TBR FL's more representative?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newbeginnings

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Between TPR and TBR, which FL's are more representative of the exam? I know TBR's are new, so if anyone has taken those 3 CBT's, any input on how they are?

Members don't see this ad.

I would not recommend TBR FLs at all, EK/Next Step/TPR are much better even Kaplan. TBR has amazing home study books for hammering down your sciences, but I feel their test were not adapted to the new MCAT :/

Last edited:
I'm sure they will get better in a few years. I remember some people thought the TBR CBTs were arguably the best non AAMC practice tests for the old MCAT. I remember they were very highly regarded.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think their tests are ready for show time. I would say the biggest issue is the CARS filler passages in all of their Psychology / Sociology sections. Then a few good passages ending with seemingly random discrete questions. The delivery system can be a bit glitchy too. Like you will try to get into a test and some error pops up and the only way to get it to work is to log out and log back in. The tests are not horrible or anything but I was expecting/hoping TBR Full lengths would blow all the other FLs out of the water and it was a bit of a let down when they missed the mark. Lastly, I am not sure how many questions in total but some of their questions seem to be recycled from their old tests because I see old threads on SND from years ago about some of the same passages. Not necessarily a bad thing but if you took the old ones then you will be seeing some of the questions again. Like other posters mention, TBR is an asset to the prep game and has a unique way of teaching the info. They just need to maintain that high standard in all their products.

I'm sure they will get better in a few years. I remember some people thought the TBR CBTs were arguably the best non AAMC practice tests for the old MCAT. I remember they were very highly regarded.

I agree with other peoples sentiments. I got the FL's, did the first one and saw very little biochem in the C/P section with very similar passages to the old MCAT, i just quickly browsed their 3rd CBT and again I felt the actual passage-based Biochem content was lacking. Their Psych/Soc on their first CBT as others have pointed out started off being straight up verbal and slowly transitioned to actual Psych/Soc but the discrete were actual Psych/Soc. I don't have that much time left to actually do the rest ( I may see if I have time to spare to do the other 2 CBT I haven't done)...but I did not find it particularly representative of the new testing style.

Reactions: 1 user