TPR vs. AAMC Exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Govols22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have taken a few TPR practice exams and one AAMC practice exam and I noticed that the TPR was significantly more difficult than the AAMC practice one. On the AAMC exam I scored about a 508, but on the TPR I cannot break past 500. I understand that TPR is known to be very difficult, but if I can't break over 500 on TPR am I in big trouble for the real thing?

Members don't see this ad.

AAMC is more representative. I read a post of someone who didn't break 510 on TPR tests and got a 527.

TPR is hard and unrepresentative. Which doesn't mean it's bad practice, but don't let it get you down :) I think you need to be able to break 500 on TPR and shoot for the 505-510 range *and* feel comfortable about your approach to each section. That's what is most important so keep at it.

TPR is hard and unrepresentative. Which doesn't mean it's bad practice, but don't let it get you down :) I think you need to be able to break 500 on TPR and shoot for the 505-510 range *and* feel comfortable about your approach to each section. That's what is most important so keep at it.

Agree. I should mention that a practice test is a practice test; much of this exam is about training yourself to work under the timed conditions. Any test prep company will do that well.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys. Does anyone know where I can find a list of AAMC exams? On their website I bought the pack with tall the study questions and the two exams, but I was wondering if they had more?

Would you be able to elaborate on this? I also haven't broken the 500 mark on TPR exams yet, but my scores have been relatively stable (+/- 1 point total). Any suggestion on how to get to that 500 mark on practice FL?

Would you be able to elaborate on this? I also haven't broken the 500 mark on TPR exams yet, but my scores have been relatively stable (+/- 1 point total). Any suggestion on how to get to that 500 mark on practice FL?

More content review. Hit your weaknesses.

Reactions: 1 user
^ content review alone should get you to 505ish. Then approach/timing gets you finally prepared for the real thing.