TPR vs. TBR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tinsanity13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello there, I am going to begin my studies for the MCATs within the next week or so. I am making a last minute decision on whether to purchase TPR or TBR. From what I've read is that TBR is better but at the same time it is more costly. I am asking for opinions on which YOU think is better and why. Also is TBR worth the money over TPR? Thank you in advance everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

By far TBR is the better source of material for the MCAT. Don't waste your time with any other materials.

Hello there, I am going to begin my studies for the MCATs within the next week or so. I am making a last minute decision on whether to purchase TPR or TBR. From what I've read is that TBR is better but at the same time it is more costly. I am asking for opinions on which YOU think is better and why. Also is TBR worth the money over TPR? Thank you in advance everyone!
Even though TBR is a little bit more expensive than Princeton, you will not regret how much better it is in terms of efficient preparation for the MCATs.

Even though TBR is a little bit more expensive than Princeton, you will not regret how much better it is in terms of efficient preparation for the MCATs.

I have heard that TBR can get demoralizing compared to TPR. But I consider myself a smart guy and wondering where that demoralizing factor comes into play. ATM I leaning more towards getting TBR than TPR

Members don't see this ad :)
TBR will only be better if you use it well, so kinda off the road advice but pick the set that appeals most to you. The books don't matter as much as you think save for SDN neuroticism. IMO TPR Bio was better and more pleasant to go through. I used TBR for the rest but wish I used something cheaper and less "walls of text" in retrospect. I doubt I would have scored differently.

TBR will only be better if you use it well, so kinda off the road advice but pick the set that appeals most to you. The books don't matter as much as you think save for SDN neuroticism. IMO TPR Bio was better and more pleasant to go through. I used TBR for the rest but wish I used something cheaper and less "walls of text" in retrospect. I doubt I would have scored differently.

Would you be able to elaborate more on "TBR will only be better if you use it well" I have also heard that TPR bio is better but people using TBR for everything else. Thank you in advance!

It takes a few weeks to get TBR set. You may want to go to the sticky links and read about ordering, setting up schedule, etc. It will save you a lot of stress.

Would you be able to elaborate more on "TBR will only be better if you use it well" I have also heard that TPR bio is better but people using TBR for everything else. Thank you in advance!
Sure, to clarify I just meant you should buy the books that best suit your needs. I had a strong foundation, but very little time to study for the MCAT so TBR felt dense and overwhelming, and I probably would have gotten better mileage out of a book that was *more fun*. It sounds silly but as a visual learner, my attitude towards MCAT studying could have been different and I might have even procrastinated less. That said, I do think TBR is especially great for weak areas.

It takes a few weeks to get TBR set. You may want to go to the sticky links and read about ordering, setting up schedule, etc. It will save you a lot of stress.

I have looked online and TBR proclaims that books will be shipped out within a week. Is this something you have experienced personally?

I have looked online and TBR proclaims that books will be shipped out within a week. Is this something you have experienced personally?
You should order a month before you start studying. Shipped out within a week means if you order it today you'll have the books in 2 weeks.