TPRH Biology vs TBR Biology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

virtuoso735

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read through the TPRH biology book, and was wondering if I should also go over the TBR Biology books. I have both, but I'm not sure if it is a wise time investment to read through the TBR biology as well. I'm going to try to do practice problems from TBR but in terms of content , is there anything in TBR that is not in TPRH that I should go over?

Members don't see this ad.

If you have a good understanding of TPR bio than you should be fine. Most people dont even like the content of TBR bio..I think im the only one that does, lol. I started out with EK now im using TBR to piece things together and get a broader understanding.

Personally it doesnt hurt knowning a ton about bio for the bio section. While its true that the bio section has become geared towards a lot more critical thinking and less memorization, knowing and understanding biology can help you make stronger educated guesses as well as understand the passages.

I read through the TPRH biology book, and was wondering if I should also go over the TBR Biology books. I have both, but I'm not sure if it is a wise time investment to read through the TBR biology as well. I'm going to try to do practice problems from TBR but in terms of content , is there anything in TBR that is not in TPRH that I should go over?

EK is all you need. (coming from a biochem major, I finished science sections with 20 mins left on the real thing and all practice exams)

TPRH in all science subjects cover most things I would say.

I didn't really like TBR except their book problems.

TPR is enough. TBR goes a lot in detail over stuff that you don't need for the MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have a good understanding of TPR bio than you should be fine. Most people dont even like the content of TBR bio..I think im the only one that does, lol. I started out with EK now im using TBR to piece things together and get a broader understanding.

Personally it doesnt hurt knowning a ton about bio for the bio section. While its true that the bio section has become geared towards a lot more critical thinking and less memorization, knowing and understanding biology can help you make stronger educated guesses as well as understand the passages.

I loved TBR Bio. It was actually fun to read compared to other books where they were pretty much outline or summary format.

But like everyone who has posted... everyone has their own style and preference. Some prefer EK. We like TBR. Some people love Princeton and Kaplan. That's just content.

When it comes to practice problems... TBR wins. Hands down. This is where they just blow everyone away. Not only do they have the QUANTITY but they have the QUALITY. If you take their classes, they give you even more. It's overwhelming lol but helpful!

I'd say Princeton is right after them in terms of Quality/Quantity of passages.

I have the TPRH books, but after reading the SN2 and other poster's comments, thinking of ordering TBR. Is anyone selling their books?