TPRH science workbook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

passionformed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How are the physical science passages? Comparable to the actual MCAT?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not at all.
PS on 5/30 MCAT was way way way easier than TBR.
That's good to hear, but the comment still stands. I feel TPRH doesn't prepare you well for chem/phys, so the best you can hope for out there to prepare you is TBR.

That's good to hear, but the comment still stands. I feel TPRH doesn't prepare you well for chem/phys, so the best you can hope for out there to prepare you is TBR.

can you be a bit more specific? are the passages too straight-forward, not representative in style, not enough calculations to emulate the real deal, passage too short?

do you also think that the TPRH science workbook underprepares people for the PS section?

It depends, are we talking about content review or practice passages?

For content, I felt TPR Physics was great, but G-Chem was lacking. For passages, I think both physics and chem passages were similar to what I saw on the real MCAT, and maybe TPRH SW Chem was a little harder. I must say I hardly had any physics on my MCAT so I can't say for sure on that.

Last edited:
can you be a bit more specific? are the passages too straight-forward, not representative in style, not enough calculations to emulate the real deal, passage too short?
I felt the passages presented on the real MCAT PS section were very close to those of BR in terms of information presented, amount of information and how it was presented. The questions on BR are harder but not significantly harder as is with the biology section. The one upside of TPRH is that the discrete questions are representative of the MCAT.

Does it prepare you for this recently changed "new" BS section?
Yes, I feel the bio was well represented in TPRH. The ICC book, on the other hand, had many ridiculous (hard) passages.

I also think the O.Chem was well done by TPRH and feel that BR could be extreme overkill.

Hey guys I have an opportunity to pick up the TPR hyperlearning verbal and science workbooks for total $50 (both books). However, they are from 2008, do you think they are any different from recent versions(2013)?