TPRH Verbal Workbook Passage 1 Question 5

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gandyy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok I dont understand the explanation to this question. It says "which of the following, if true, would most..... universe are subject to different laws of science?

I think its A, and apparently the answer is C but that makes no sense.

Members don't see this ad.

I find that answer C at least for me has nothing to do with the question. I am so confused

I thought this one was weird also. From what I understood, the STRONG version can be either a bunch of different universes OR 1 universe with a ton of regions each with their own laws of physics. "In most of these universes the conditions would not be right for the development of complicated organisms" (P4 L6-7). So our region is more conducive to life, and the rest of the universe isn't. To put it more simply the laws of science in our region of the universe are better for life than others so we'd have the most life thus the most complicated life.

A is wrong because it is a "prediction" of the physicist and not absolute (nitpicky, but verbal has a lot of subjectivity). It isn't the BEST answer :rollseyes:
You probably did what I did and read paragraph 5 and saw the "fundamental numbers" part and chose A.

I thought this one was weird also. From what I understood, the STRONG version can be either a bunch of different universes OR 1 universe with a ton of regions each with their own laws of physics. "In most of these universes the conditions would not be right for the development of complicated organisms" (P4 L6-7). So our region is more conducive to life, and the rest of the universe isn't. To put it more simply the laws of science in our region of the universe are better for life than others so we'd have the most life thus the most complicated life.

A is wrong because it is a "prediction" of the physicist and not absolute (nitpicky, but verbal has a lot of subjectivity). It isn't the BEST answer :rollseyes:
You probably did what I did and read paragraph 5 and saw the "fundamental numbers" part and chose A.

Yea I pretty much made that mistake. Wow, thats gotta be one of the hardest questions i've done in verbal so far. Even the ones after that for a while arent as confusing for me.

I missed a detail about there being 1 universe with a ton of regions. and kind of confused the electron as just being in a different universe all together.

thanks tho