Transcript dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adambuff

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have collected almost all my required coursework from a local community college. That includes 8 hours of General and Organic (all As), 2 A&P Courses 4hrs/ea (all As), Microbiology (A) and 8 hours of General Bio(A&B). As well as 15 hours of hum/SS courses( A,A,B,B,C) and 6 hours English(B/C).
I took biochemistry at another institution as a transient student and made a crap C. Since that is the only course I took there if I retake biochemistry this summer and make a better grade at another institution do I even have turn in a transcript for the one school I took one class that I'll be replacing elsewhere?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you need to report the transcript. I personally wouldn't bother retaking it, but either way you need to report it.
I feel immortal not reporting it, but aside from that is it a problem?

Members don't see this ad :)

Uh.... If you feel it is unethical, that should be enough right there.

Sigh. VMCAS expects you to submit transcripts for all post-secondary schools you have attended. Not "just the ones you want" or "only the ones with pre-reqs."

So yes, it would be a problem because you would be willfully disregarding the expectation. If you mean "would I get caught," then the answer is probably not. But if that is the bar you set for yourself, that is pretty sad.

There is no actual dilemma here. You should submit all transcripts.

Last edited:
You might get caught, too. So the answer is report it.

Truth. But it is the wrong reason for doing the right thing.

I find it super disappointing that some people are setting the bar at "will I get caught." I don't want them as colleagues.

Reactions: 3 users

Wow, powerful stuff.

tumblr_n88oa2X3Iq1reql1to1_500.gif

I didn't ask if I would get caught, I just wanted to make sure I had to. I will definitely be turning it in.

Truth. But it is the wrong reason for doing the right thing.

I find it super disappointing that some people are setting the bar at "will I get caught." I don't want them as colleagues.
true. I'm trying to speak their language.

yes, you have to do this.

If you're unwilling to listen to your conscience, listen to us instead ;)

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't ask if I would get caught, I just wanted to make sure I had to. I will definitely be turning it in.

Ok. So when I first replied and said "Yes, you need to report the transcript" and then you reply with "I feel immoral not reporting it, but aside from that is it a problem?" how else do you expect anyone to interpret it? You already had your answer.

I know :/ sometimes you just need to hear someone else's opinion even when you know what is right. Thanks all.

Ahhhhh. Those were the days.

And the music in the original movie - by Queen. I mean, c'mon. Awesomeness.

highlander2.jpg

So I've decided I'm watching this after I am done at the office today! And yes, Queen is da bomb.

I'd also check with the schools you are applying to about CC credit for pre-reqs. Some schools will let you take the lower science courses at CC, but want upper level (orgo, biochem, etc) from a 4-year university.

So I have collected almost all my required coursework from a local community college. That includes 8 hours of General and Organic (all As), 2 A&P Courses 4hrs/ea (all As), Microbiology (A) and 8 hours of General Bio(A&B). As well as 15 hours of hum/SS courses( A,A,B,B,C) and 6 hours English(B/C).
I took biochemistry at another institution as a transient student and made a crap C. Since that is the only course I took there if I retake biochemistry this summer and make a better grade at another institution do I even have turn in a transcript for the one school I took one class that I'll be replacing elsewhere?

Send all the transcripts.

Your transcript will not be verified if VMCAS sees that you took a class anywhere else and didn't send them the transcript. Ask me how I know.