Transcript from other Schools??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roger135

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to double check something. I will be taking a winter and summer class (probably 3 credits each) to graduate early. These classes will be taken at a local state school near to where I live. I know that my grade will not be factored into my normal university GPA, but is it true that the transcript from this state school also needs to be sent in with my application? In other words, the grade I get still matters? To get the transfer credit all I need is a C, but if the grades matter I will work alot harder to get an A. Btw these are not necessarily pre-med classes (calc 2 and a philosophy class). Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Correct, all transcripts and grades will be reported to AMCAS, and they check against the Nat'l Clearinghouse to make sure you're not withholding something. So it's just as important as any other course at your uni for med school purposes.

Work hard, get the A. Report all transcripts on your application. All means all.

I just wanted to double check something. I will be taking a winter and summer class (probably 3 credits each) to graduate early. These classes will be taken at a local state school near to where I live. I know that my grade will not be factored into my normal university GPA, but is it true that the transcript from this state school also needs to be sent in with my application? In other words, the grade I get still matters? To get the transfer credit all I need is a C, but if the grades matter I will work alot harder to get an A. Btw these are not necessarily pre-med classes (calc 2 and a philosophy class). Thanks!

AMCAS recalculates all your GPA anyways. I had courses from 5 colleges - all got reported and calculated.