Transcript Issue + Confusion....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DAC7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well....I have no idea what to do.

I sent out a transcript from a university that I took (2) classes at on May 8th. I thought maybe I had made an error when I was copying down the address, so I sent out another on the 12th. As the end of May approached, neither had been received, so I sent another on the 29th.

I've contacted both AMCAS and the university. Both seem confused as to why my transcripts have not been received.

Has this happened to anyone else? I submitted my application on June 2nd, so waiting for this one transcript (and a total of 8 credits) has been an absolute joy.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Can you ask your university to send it again but in such a way that you get a tracking number? E.g. courier or something like that.

I tried, and they told me that they couldn't provide me with one....which seems odd.

Members don't see this ad :)
This happened to me too! It was through some letter service that I could never contact. I ended up sending 2, and finally it was received about a month after sending the first one. I never found out what happened to the other one... I realize this may not be helpful to you at all but just know you're not the only one!!

This happened to me too! It was through some letter service that I could never contact. I ended up sending 2, and finally it was received about a month after sending the first one. I never found out what happened to the other one... I realize this may not be helpful to you at all but just know you're not the only one!!

Haha well thanks....I've sent 5 now (I keep getting told to send more just in case.) So hopefully 1 arrives soon so that my application can be processed!

That is frustrating that you sent it out in May and it still has not been received. I am having a similar problem, but my transcript had a tracking number and shows it arrived at AMCAS on June 5th and they haven't marked it received yet. I am going to try to send another one today to their ground address (not the PO Box) and require a signature... I submitted my primary application already also, so it is just waiting on this one transcript, for 3 credit hours....

In a similar boat. I'm waiting until next week, and if it still hasn't been received, I'll send another one. What's the ground address?

I would just send another one as insurance instead of waiting.
I called them after I posted. All they could tell me was that they were not sure why the tracking shows it was delivered and they do not have it.

The ground address is: 655 K Street, NW, Suite 100, Washington, DC, 20001-2399
It's on the bottom of the AAMC website.

They finally received it! Looks like it was received on the 8th, even though I just got the email today. My guess is they're a bit behind, which makes sense.

It's also possible that my first transcript was lost in the mail? Who knows. Spent over $50 trying to get this one transcript to AMCAS. Hopefully this process goes smoothly for the rest of you!

Reactions: 1 user