Transcript issues and opinions needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kalle001

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I searched to try and find a forum where my question was answered...but no luck. Okay, I am having trouble deciding if I need to include this school I was in on my application and if I need to send in the transcript.

I attended this school for a very short time called ECPI (it's one of those accelerated schools) I applied to their nursing program and got in. Well three weeks into the program I realized the debt they were going to put me for only an associates degree and also decided to go to the local university (I had just moved to the state due to being a mil spouse and didn't know all my options). I left before the deadline so, no finaid was taken which is why I wasn't sure if I had to send the transcript in.

Okay, now I have another question. Once again due to being a military spouse I have been to two community colleges(before the ECPI happened) and now I am at my University(which will be the last school I attend). Will it look bad on my application that I went to multiple schools? Also, at my first two community colleges (only completed 24 credits at one and 9 at the other) I received a 3.0s. Now at my new university I have maintained a 3.8(so far completed about 40 credits here) does my new higher gpa make up for the 3.0s? I know it'll all be cumulative, but they will still see I only had 3.0s at the start.

Sorry this was so long! Thank you in advance...I'm pretty new to all of this and feel a little bit lost :/

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I had to send the transcript in. The reason I don't want to add the transcript to my application is because I was doing excellent in the A&P class I was taking, but the day I withdrew my class took a test and since I did not I received a zero for the test before they withdrew me which made the transcript look bad I am sure.
If you took any classes at this school, were issued a transcript then yes. You have to include it.
Will it look bad on my application that I went to multiple schools?
Yes and No. Some schools will look at it as if you were grade shopping, but I won't worry about it so much, if you were asked about it you simply could explain the situation.
Now at my new university I have maintained a 3.8(so far completed about 40 credits here) does my new higher gpa make up for the 3.0s? I know it'll all be cumulative, but they will still see I only had 3.0s at the start.
Upward trend looks always better, keep it up.

Generally, if a transcript exists you must send it in and account for it. There are a few exceptions listed in the AMCAS instructions (foreign coursework, etc). If you have questions it's probably best to call AMCAS and/or AACOMAS and let them guide you, as they can give you the official word.

Regardless of how transfers look, you'll have to report the school name and what grades you got there. You have a compelling reason for having moved around, though. On many secondaries I've seen places to explain anything you feel the school should know about you; if you really felt it necessary you could give details there.

Your cumulative matters but so do trends, as mentioned by poster above. Have you taken a GPA calculator spreadsheet and plugged all your grades in? It might be helpful to see where your cumulative and science GPAs stand.

(Source: Pre-med currently applying, take all with appropriate grains of salt)

I have not done the spreadsheet yet only cumulative on my own which was about 3.6/3.7 I believe. I'm waiting till after this school year to really look at what my sgpa is because while I've always wanted to go to medical school I never thought it could be a reality for me until my friend from school(who just started medical school this year) gave me a reality check and showed me it was actually possible. So, because of this I have only completed a few of the classes I need.

I didn't even think about contacting them myself thank you!

I'm going to have to get the transcript from them and see what it says. :/ I wish I would of never wasted my time at that school.

Last edited: