Transcript Verification Problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Confused2626

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I might have a problem with transcript verification, can somebody tell me if this is going to be an issue?

1) First day that I was able to see my grades, under an option on my school site that says "View Unofficial Transcript", I see that my grades have been posted. So I head over to the registrar and I requested my Spring of Junior Year transcript to be sent to AMCAS

2) Last Monday, I realized that the registrar doesn't make Spring grades official on transcripts until a week after I had sent in my grades. So I go back in and send another copy to AMCAS

3) Last Wednesday, I received notification that AMCAS received my transcript (the first one that might not have spring grades)

I would like to submit my Application in this week. But, if my transcript that they received does not have Spring grades on them, what is going to happen? Will they wait until they get my new transcript, or immediately start verifying? Will schools know that my spring grades weren't verified (will I have to send them individual transcript updates?)

Members don't see this ad.

I might have a problem with transcript verification, can somebody tell me if this is going to be an issue?

1) First day that I was able to see my grades, under an option on my school site that says "View Unofficial Transcript", I see that my grades have been posted. So I head over to the registrar and I requested my Spring of Junior Year transcript to be sent to AMCAS

2) Last Monday, I realized that the registrar doesn't make Spring grades official on transcripts until a week after I had sent in my grades. So I go back in and send another copy to AMCAS

3) Last Wednesday, I received notification that AMCAS received my transcript (the first one that might not have spring grades)

I would like to submit my Application in this week. But, if my transcript that they received does not have Spring grades on them, what is going to happen? Will they wait until they get my new transcript, or immediately start verifying? Will schools know that my spring grades weren't verified (will I have to send them individual transcript updates?)

Does your transcript requesting whatever have a slot where you say 'hold for spring grades' and if so, did you check it? If that's the case, then AMCAS probably has your spring grades. Since they've received a transcript, they'll probably verify based on what's on the transcript, and they'll have you submit an academic change request if they don't verify your spring grades. That's just my guess, though.

I do not recall if I checked it or not.

So it is possible to request them to verify it again if spring grades were not on it? I always thought verification was a one time only thing.

I do not recall if I checked it or not.

So it is possible to request them to verify it again if spring grades were not on it? I always thought verification was a one time only thing.

You can submit an academic change request, and they will look at it. I can't remember the specifics of such a process, though, because I never had to use it. If you're really concerned about this, though, call or e-mail AMCAS. They're generally good about answering these type of questions.