Transcripts Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

7Days

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question about sending in transcripts to apply for dental school. I am planning on retaking OChem 1 lecture in the summer (5 weeks course) at a community college. Once I finish the course and make a good grade, should I bring the grade from there to my university to change my grade and GPA? Or just turn in both transcripts (community college & university) with the university grade unchanged to the application?

Members don't see this ad.

I have a question about sending in transcripts to apply for dental school. I am planning on retaking OChem 1 lecture in the summer (5 weeks course) at a community college. Once I finish the course and make a good grade, should I bring the grade from there to my university to change my grade and GPA? Or just turn in both transcripts (community college & university) with the university grade unchanged to the application?

As far as I know your transcripts will show both grades, and your GPA will be calculated including both old and new grades on AADSAS. So in short, your first grade won't disappear. Knowing that you can send AADSAS your transcripts separately. When you are entering your grades on you application, you will need to indicate that it is a course that's been retaken.

Reactions: 1 user
You'll have to send in both transcripts.

I took Chinese 1 and 2 as DE in high school and then transferred the credits into my undergrad university. Ended up retaking Chinese 1 and 2 later anyway. Had to send in both transcripts to AADSAS

Members don't see this ad :)
Should I send in my transcript to dental school without the retaken course and add it in after I'm done? Or wait until I finish the retaken course and send in my transcript?

Should I send in my transcript to dental school without the retaken course and add it in after I'm done? Or wait until I finish the retaken course and send in my transcript?
Wait until you finish