About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Check out PREMED.me!
    Offers FREE service to help premeds manage their applications and MCAT study calendars and identify schools to target.

Transcripts without TMDSAS Transcipt Request Form

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by rubisco88, May 25, 2012.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. rubisco88

rubisco88

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Anyone have success sending their transcripts to TMDSAS without the transcript request form? On TMDSAS, it says the form is not required but strongly recommended, so that the transcript doesn't get lost. I went to an OOS school. I am back in Texas and my university refuses to use the form. It is not their protocol to use one. As long as my TMDSAS ID comes with the transcript should I be ok?
  2. PreMedOrDead

PreMedOrDead I'm sure you'll get in...

3. rubisco88

rubisco88

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Tmdsas is different from amcas. Might not be the sAme.
  4. PreMedOrDead

PreMedOrDead I'm sure you'll get in...

I see, but I would assume they'd follow the same protocol.
  5. nmed20

nmed20 M0

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    True. If your school won't include the form, there is nothing you can do. With your name, DOB, and SSN, TMDSAS should be able to match it to your file. There are a lot fewer applicants to TMDSAS than to AMCAS. However, if you can get them to include your TMDSAS ID # somehow, it will probably be easier/faster to match.

Don't worry, I'm sure TMDSAS has received transcripts without the matching form before and got it to the right place. The form is just to make their job easier for them, it's not a requisite to getting your transcript to your file.
  6. ShoTyme

ShoTyme We're going STREAKING!!!

Pre-Medical
    I made sure to call and explain my situation. The schools were more than accommodating, even though it isn't their normal policy. Just call and ask nicely. This usually works pretty well.