Transfer from DO - MD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
well said. to bad ego plays such a big role in medicine, more so on the osteopathic side in terms of their unique identity. BTW $65 was okay for a DO=MD in 1961, we upped the cost due to inflation. Unfortunatly no one ever talks about helping people anymore. Interesting isn't it, it's always which competitive specialty, how hard, how prestigious some school is and how much money we'll all make. Never i want to do something because i love doing it. Oh well... pre-med mentality (atleast on SDN)

Members don't see this ad.

I agree with this guy.....if DO= MD + some osteopathic training, and if the use of osteopathy is limited to osteopaths...why should MD's continue to be so maligned? I propose a $65 fee to have MD's take a seminar on osteopathy so they can convert their MD into a DO.....there's a bit of sarcasm in this statement, i'll give a gold star to anyone who can tell me what it is!

power bump!

Why would anyone EVER want to transfer from DO to MD?

Members don't see this ad :)
Why would anyone EVER want to transfer from DO to MD?

I really don't know why this thread was brought back. Its two years old, the issue was settled. Tkim's post was illuminating, etc etc...

I think the only time people attempt to do this in the real world, is for a significant other or familial circumstances, since those are the only real ways for a transfer to happen, and even those are limited. Its not done for the ignorant pre-med reasons.

Do you really think an MD/PhD knows more than a premed???? Don't forget, these premeds have shadowed several doctors.

I also find some pre-med students quite annoying occasionally, but you seem to be quite bitter...:(

I agree with this guy.....if DO= MD + some osteopathic training, and if the use of osteopathy is limited to osteopaths...why should MD's continue to be so maligned? I propose a $65 fee to have MD's take a seminar on osteopathy so they can convert their MD into a DO.....there's a bit of sarcasm in this statement, i'll give a gold star to anyone who can tell me what it is!

WOw - such a new way to look at things...I wish more people would read this thread.

I don't think MD's have 65$ to spare, who are you trying to kid? :rolleyes:

Like OMG, the $65 dollarz is furz the 1960s Californian debachul where those there DOs were told you can't be DO-ohz but can pay $65 to have your degree done gone did changed.

Edit: I realize I answered a question from late June, but I need gold bling for my white coat.

If you want to transfer to an US MD school, your best bet is to go to a Caribbean medical school rather than a US DO school (although it is unlikely either way). The med school at the school that I'm a ugrad at has a former C-MD that is in the top 10% of the class.

In sum: most medical schools don't accept transfer applications from DO schools.

Yeah there's like 5 ppl here (word of mouth) that do that **** every year. I wonder how awesome they are...

If you want to transfer to an US MD school, your best bet is to go to a Caribbean medical school rather than a US DO school (although it is unlikely either way). The med school at the school that I'm a ugrad at has a former C-MD that is in the top 10% of the class.

In sum: most medical schools don't accept transfer applications from DO schools.

I think not.

http://services.aamc.org/tsp_reports/

USMD schools that accept WHO listed international med school transfers: For year 2 = 7, for year 3 = 3

USMD schools that accept USDO transfers: for year 2 = 8, for year 3 = 5