Transfer into second year of 6 year pharmd

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hemlocktree

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I reallyy doubt it. Transferring into a 6 year program is VERY difficult because they only accept about 2-5 applicants. They are mostly already filled with the original 6 year people. You have to be very competitive (3.8+ GPA and good PCAT score & and good ECs) in order to get into this program. I recommend trying to get into regular pharmacy schools.

I reallyy doubt it. Transferring into a 6 year program is VERY difficult because they only accept about 2-5 applicants. They are mostly already filled with the original 6 year people. You have to be very competitive (3.8+ GPA and good PCAT score & and good ECs) in order to get into this program. I recommend trying to get into regular pharmacy schools.

i agree ^ ^ so yeah, just focus on getting ALL your prereq's for now. PharmCAS, has a whole list of schools that show which prereq's you need for whatever school of interest. after you got'em all? THEN go for it. well, you do have a bachelors for one. although, not a science major =/ still! is a bachelors nonetheless. you will then have all the necessary prereq's completed and as for EC's? i'm sure you have alot. but, i think you already being an "employed" pharm tech, speaks for itself. so, with that in mind... why NOT eh? just remember though a high GPA and a high PCAT score is a must!!! other than that... good luck! :luck:

I agree, you probably won't get very far trying to transfer into a 6 year program. There aren't many out there and they usually don't take a huge amount of transfer students. You would be better to do the pre-requisite courses and apply to traditional schools. If you're hoping to get out faster, look at the schools that are accelerated 3 year programs. You lose your summers, but you're done in a year less if you can handle the pace.