Transfer to MA or CT programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kr47

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a CA-1 going into CA-2 this year ...
My wife has to move to western MA in 2005 and I'm hoping to move with her ... Has anyone here transferred, or heard of someone transfer into or out of the MA or CT programs, at the CA - 2/3 level?

If you are in a program in MA or CT, any idea if a upper-year spot is opening up in 2005 ? With the larger programs, I'm guessing that people transfer in/out often enough ... I'm not sure what's needed in terms of the funding issues involved...

Is a strong recommendation, good in-training scores and an interview usually good enough ...

Members don't see this ad.

When we have received inquiries for transfers, we usually do not even consider a candidate without a supporting call or letter from the person's PD. LOR's(3) are asked for as well as full transcripts, etc. Any history of probation/disciplinary action pretty much kills any possibility of transferring.

Best advice I could give is to call/e-mail as many programs as you can to get the best possible chance of transferring. I wouldn't limit yourself to two or three states. Even if those programs have spots available, you can be sure that you are not the only one applying for those positions.