Transfer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nostalgiaultra

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently I am taking classes and my prerequisites at a community college but I am looking to get into Drake University. I need about 3 more semesters before I finish my prereqs but I already have 60 credits which is the max credits someone can transfer from my community college. I was wondering if I should just transfer to drake for this fall and get my bachelors degree (2 more years) rather than just finishing my pre reqs (this upcoming year plus summer term) at the community college then apply for Pharmacy school?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say transfer, because it's good to have a backup plan since pharmacy school isn't guarantee admissions. If you go into Drake University and pharmacy school doesn't pan out, at least you can still finish your degree and not waste the 3 semesters of non-transferable credits from community college.

I'd say transfer, because it's good to have a backup plan since pharmacy school isn't guarantee admissions. If you go into Drake University and pharmacy school doesn't pan out, at least you can still finish your degree and not waste the 3 semesters of non-transferable credits from community college.
awhat if Pharmacy school DOES pan out?

Members don't see this ad :)
but you won't know until you transfer/stay in community college since you still have 3 more semesters

Finish your prereqs at cc. It's much cheaper.
But he mentioned that he's already at the 60 credits transfer limit from cc to university. So if he finished rest of prereq and don't end up doing pharmacy/pharmacy school admission doesn't pan out he'll be stuck with wasted credits and unable to transfer more than 60 into a university to finish the degree.

Might as well get the BS. Are you planning on applying this cycle I am assuming? 1. If so, and you can finish the BS anyway, do that. 2. If so, and you would have to take ridiculous hours, then maybe not. 3. If not, then finish the BS.