Transfering to Another Osteopathic School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LM

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a 3rd year student interested in transferring to another osteopathic school out west to be closer to my family. Does anyone know if there are any osteopathic schools that accept transfers for the 4th year (a year from now)?

Members don't see this ad.

Most medical schools seem to share similar transfer policies, and it would seem that most only consider transfers to the third year. Some, however, consider transfers for the second year but I doubt for the fourth year.

Tim of New York City.

I have no idea about MS4. It sounds suspicious to me. You have put in 3 of 4 and want a degree from another school. There is a transfer at COMP (MSII) from another school.

Call the school you are interested in transferring to. Simple answer???

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm wondering why you should even transfer -- if your school follows a somewhat traditional curriculum, you should have a number of months for electives which you should be able to do anywhere you please. In fact, my wife and I plan to be rotating in the same areas during our fourth years. She is currently a third year osteopathic student and I'm a third year allopathic student, but we are able to plan out our fourth year such that we are always together even though her school is in Florida, and mine is in Connecticut. You should be able to spend most of your fourth year out west if you schedule your elective rotations out there without having to go through the hassle of transfering. Find out how much elective time you have at your school and schedule accordingly. Hope this helps.

I would also like to know whether TCOM takes transfers into their third year. I'm at KCOM right now, but would like to do most of my rotations in Texas, since that's where i plan on doing my residency.

The word from admissions is that no transfers are being accepted here at TCOM regardless of the year or the circumstances.