Transferring as a P2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CannedPeaches

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm currently a P2 (4th year) in a 0-6 PharmD. Program and looking to transfer to another school. I know it's difficult but I've been thinking about transferring for the past 2 years now. I'm in decent academic standing (above 3.3 GPA) and have a pretty good start so far as a P2. The real reason I want to transfer is to be closer to home and family. My friends think I've been showing symptoms of depression and I've actually caught myself at times as well (I'll be going to the doctors soon) I know it's going to be tough but is it worth a shot? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I'm currently a P2 (4th year) in a 0-6 PharmD. Program and looking to transfer to another school. I know it's difficult but I've been thinking about transferring for the past 2 years now. I'm in decent academic standing (above 3.3 GPA) and have a pretty good start so far as a P2. The real reason I want to transfer is to be closer to home and family. My friends think I've been showing symptoms of depression and I've actually caught myself at times as well (I'll be going to the doctors soon) I know it's going to be tough but is it worth a shot? Thanks in advance.

Hope that you don't mean "Cut", but i think that you do :(. Some schools are more transfer friendly than others, also depending on the similarity of the program that you are coming from to where you wanna go to. Contact the school that interests you. I had a classmate transfer to Roseman in Nevada from a school in Cali. Good luck, please see a doctor soon and take care of yourself. If you're in graduate school, you are a bright person and have a lot going for you. Everyone goes through tough times, just part of life.

take care...

Reactions: 1 user
If you're not looking to transfer into a P1, you're likely to be disappointed.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty sure you would have to start at the beginning of most if not all programs... meaning you would be interviewing now and starting a 4 year program next fall. Essentially you would lose 2 full years.

Reactions: 1 users
It might be easier for you to get a leave of absence from your current school and spend that time getting help for your depression. I know a few people who took a year or so off for personal stuff and still graduated.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Exercising an hour each day, eating correctly, and meditating can go a long ways OP. Try and make friends with people in your class and hang out more often? It's only a couple years more... makes more sense in the long run to stick it out if you can brother. Just my two cents.