Transferring Intern Hours to CA (from NJ)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ks1773

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am not sure if I am screwed.. but I got a job as a resident in CA and am trying to get my hours transferred over to CA from NJ to sit for the CA license board. However, I did all my NJ hours as an intern without a license (because the NJ does not require/have it and I was not aware that CA would need it). I was wondering if it is at all possible to transfer these hours from my school rotation to CA to have them recognize it.

I am unable to fill out the "Pharmacy Intern Hours Affidavit" form completely because I do not have an Intern license # to place there (for I was never licensed as an intern).

Any information would help.

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your school of pharmacy should be able to verify the extern hours and send them over; I did this with Rutgers when transferring hours to another state. They counted as "intern hours" for the other state.

Thank you so much for replying.

Did you have to fill out a "Pharmacy Intern Hours Affidavit" form for the other state? For CA, they are requiring this and with an Intern #. I am tempted to use my Pharm tech license number.

Ah no I actually did not, even though Arizona requires an intern license as well. My school filled out their own form for intern hours and that worked. Your tech hours should count as intern hours. I would call the CA BOP to see what to do.