Transferring to 6 year programs as a freshman?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

panoratom

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm sort of in a weird situation and would like some input regarding 6-year pharmacy programs. I am currently a freshman in undergrad. However, last semester I had to withdraw for personal reasons in the middle of the semester and thus did not complete any credits. This semester I am taking 9 credits’ worth of courses as a non-degree student at another college. My question is, would it be possible to transfer into a 6-year pharmacy program as a freshman? And if so, would I be able to transfer the credits I am taking now?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I'm sort of in a weird situation and would like some input regarding 6-year pharmacy programs. I am currently a freshman in undergrad. However, last semester I had to withdraw for personal reasons in the middle of the semester and thus did not complete any credits. This semester I am taking 9 credits’ worth of courses as a non-degree student at another college. My question is, would it be possible to transfer into a 6-year pharmacy program as a freshman? And if so, would I be able to transfer the credits I am taking now?

Thanks in advance!

I guess that depends on the school with a 6-year program. Most schools would like it if you start off as a freshman in their program, so that means any of the credits you have may be invalid to the school with this program. Also, by non-degree courses, do you mean like general education courses?

Sorry, should've clarified. By non-degree I mean I am just taking courses at the college but am not actually a matriculated student.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bump. Anyone have any answers/suggestions? I have a friend who is in a similar dilemma, and I would like to know more about how to approach this problem!

Thanks!

I was considering doing the same(I have decided not to) but I found that most good 0-6 schools do not allow transfer. If you're trying to obtain a professional degree in 6 years you can't waste any time.

If you're going to enter a 0+6, you'll probably have to start over as a "freshman", and that's not something i'd be willing to do. Apply broadly and get into a regular 4 year program

And plus don't you want to have an undergrad expierence? You only go to college once(as an 18-23 year old)