Transitional Year/Traditional AOA Internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lefty

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently applying to anesthesia residency programs but must also find a good transitional year/internship year. Does anyone know of any good Transitional Year programs that accept DOs or have been DO-friendly in the past?

I am also considering the AOA traditional rotating internship, however, I have been thoroughly disappointed and turned off by the few that are offered here in southern CA. Are there any AOA traditional rotating internships that are worth applying to out there?

I appreciate anyone's input and insight. Thanks

Lefty
:idea:

Members don't see this ad.

How about a dual-accredited internship? (AOA/ACGME) There's about 45 of these.
Is your residency an MD residency? Will they accept an AOA internship?

Any ideas where I could get a list of the dually-accredited internships?

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear Lefty,

Hi, my name is Tim Tye. I recently matched in categorical anesthesiology program at OU College of Medicine in OKC. My program is an MD program, and coincidentally, the intern year is dually-accredited! (yes, I am a D.O.)

Now, seeing that you are from CA, I would not guess that you would be excited to move to OKC, but as for quality and for (shhh...cushness) it is incredible. As for being DO-friendly, at this MD program, this year (2004), FOUR of SIX accepted to categorial anesthesiology are D.O.s!

Feel free to email me any questions or call me if you like
:D

How about a dual-accredited internship? (AOA/ACGME) There's about 45 of these.
Is your residency an MD residency? Will they accept an AOA internship?
Nicedream,
I am in the same boat this year.... applying for MD residency, but am a DO, and have been searching for a list of dually accredited transitional years. I saw your post and was wondering if you would mind sharing your list with me?
Thanks in advance.

Nicedream,
I am in the same boat this year.... applying for MD residency, but am a DO, and have been searching for a list of dually accredited transitional years. I saw your post and was wondering if you would mind sharing your list with me?
Thanks in advance.

Considering that the last thread in the post was from 2004, and the last time that user logged on was 2009... odds are you won't get a reply...

Reactions: 1 user