Transportation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOC G.

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To get around, instead of shipping a car would a four wheeler do for the time I am in medical school? Or what would be the best transportation?

That is the one thing I am still worried about! Thank you for your help

Members don't see this ad.

For which island?

All the main 3 medical schools!

At Ross most students do not buy a car. Don't even think about shipping one...the customs charges are at almost 100% of worth. If you want to buy a car there are always students selling. Some of the rental car companies also have leases. We bought a car but we had 4 kids at the time. A single student can live close enough to campus that walking isn't a big problem. Also, "transports" (mini-van looking "taxis") run all the time and will just pull over to the side of the road if you flag them down. Doesn't cost that much to ride. Ross ran free shuttles from the library at night when we were there (most likely still do). They ran every 1/2 hour or hour...can't remember. Most cars on campus belong to professors and other staff. Even the students with families usually try to tough it out and walk. I was tired of whining, slow children. A car made the island livable for us. Also, we took many trips around the island which made our whole experience more enjoyable. Lots of family visited and we were glad to be able to take them to the tourist spots.

From the few AUC student's I've met it sounds like buying a car there was more of a necessity. This is just from the few I've talked to though.