Transportation!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pienfoo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i want my own transportation in optometry school and am wondering if i should:

1. ship my car (if you did this, how much did it cost you?)
2. buy a cheapo car there
3. lease.

Members don't see this ad.

I think a normal person would just buy a car and drive it from your state to the optometry school.

I think a normal person would just buy a car and drive it from your state to the optometry school.

ok mu, you never cease to amuze.

First, I already have a car (obviously as stated by point 1), but since it's a long distance from so cal to the east coast, im considering shipping my car to avoid a 3-4 day drive. Second, I, a normal person, am also considering buying a car in philly for about 3-4 k, but this would mean that I have to leave my car, which i like veeery much, sitting in the garage for 3 years since my parents already have their own vehicles. (and no i don't want to sell my car) Last, leasing a car would cost about 2k a year, but i wouldn't have to deal with any of the hassels that come w/ buying a used car or having to ship my car acoss the country. Im trying to see what others have done and if they think they made the right decision. the end.

Members don't see this ad :)
i drove to scco with my stuff in my car... make it a fun roadtrip with a friend or family member... you are going to be there for a long time and you are going to want the car you love so why not just drive it there. i didnt look into shipping my car but i did look into shipping my stuff and it turned out a million times cheaper to just take whatever i could fit in my car and just get some furniture when you get there...

cool thanks for the replies.

i'll be shipping my car over since the drive's simply too long (so cal - philly ). all i need to get are snow tires :D