trasnfer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Carolynsr

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, just wondering if audiology schools accept transfers of students from other audiology programs. Is this common?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if it is common, but from what I've seen, a lot of schools are willing to accept transfer students. The problem with transferring though is that you can only bring a designated number of credits with you to the new institution. Also, the new program might not view your previous courses as being equivalent to their own, so you might have to re-take some classes. Something like this happened last year with a student who transferred in during her second year, where she had already taken a course about the physiologic evaluation of the auditory system (ABR, ASSR, OAEs, etc) in her original program, but when she transferred to our school, the professor quizzed her about her knowledge, she failed, and had to retake the class.

I have seen it happen, but often times you will end up without any funding and as the above poster stated sometimes some of your courses might not transfer.

My question is why are you thinking about transferring?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am thinking of doing the same and transferring to another school. But I have had a lot of difficulties with other schools accepting me. If you don't mind telling which schools would accept transfer students let me know. If you don't feel comfortable posting it here, message me.

I know the consortium program for U Kent/U Akron has taken transfer students before from other Ohio Audiology programs. Not sure how common or successful the practice is though.

Good luck with whatever you decide.