TRICARE Reserve Select

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ProwlerturnGas

A little under the radar
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am now officially a Navy Reservist. One of the benefits, or so I understand, is TRICARE Reserve Select. This is very different than what I had in my prior reserve life. Is this a full medical insurance plan, similar to let's say...Group Health or Blue Cross plans.? I cannot seem to find a head to head comparison.

If it is a full insurance plan, it would save me huge amounts of cash, which is why I am skeptical.

Thanks for any information!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, full coverage insurance and it is great, assuming you're not in an area where lots of hospitals or docs don't accept it. I have it and have had no problems. It is heavily subsidized by the government which makes it so cheap. There's nothing even close unless you go back on active duty.

Reactions: 1 user
had my family on it until she got full free health at work.....it's insane how much better and cheaper it is than buying your own elsewhere, I admit doubting it at first but it's just plain better

Reactions: 1 user