Tried the PCAT Prescription Software?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TennisBoy78

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I came up upon the PCAT Prescription Software at http://www.thepcat.com

Is this a new product? I was also wondering if anyone has taken the actual PCAT after using this course software. Did your scores improve?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Oh, wow!! I never saw this site before. When did this come up? I think I might try it out.

Pedro

Just sent them a bunch of questions. the website looks very professional and the software is reasonably priced. I'm going to give them a try. I'll let you know what my 2cents are.

P

Members don't see this ad :)
I downloaded the software and had a few problems at first but I recieved a phone call a bit later and got it all sorted out. So far it looks like a very decent software with plenty of good questions and explanations.

Hi,

I decided to buy this and I'm really pleased with it. You can take full length pcat exams or individual exams. Also for full pcat it gives you the score from 200-600. I took my first pcat today and I got a composite score of 405. :oops: Hopefully, that will increase in the next month.

I did speak to a representative, it took him about two days to return my email but he said he has been swamped with inquiries. I told him about SDN and how people are talking about it.

You should try it out. I figured if this could prevent me from retaking the PCAT its well worth the $50 bucks. (if it gets me into pharm school i'm gonna send them a gift.) :)

good luck,

Pedro

Hi,

I decided to buy this and I'm really pleased with it. You can take full length pcat exams or individual exams. Also for full pcat it gives you the score from 200-600. I took my first pcat today and I got a composite score of 405. :oops: Hopefully, that will increase in the next month.

I did speak to a representative, it took him about two days to return my email but he said he has been swamped with inquiries. I told him about SDN and how people are talking about it.

You should try it out. I figured if this could prevent me from retaking the PCAT its well worth the $50 bucks. (if it gets me into pharm school i'm gonna send them a gift.) :)

good luck,

Pedro

hello, did you take the real pcat? (most likely cuz you posted this in 2006) - did you think the software was similar to the PCAT? if so, how much (if you could rate it from a scale from 1 - 10. do you recommend it? thank you =)

hello, did you take the real pcat? (most likely cuz you posted this in 2006) - did you think the software was similar to the PCAT? if so, how much (if you could rate it from a scale from 1 - 10. do you recommend it? thank you =)

I don't think it went well. His last post about the PCAT was in October of last year. He has only posted once since then, in early June. That post was about some dental licensing exam, so I don't think he's wanting to do pharmacy anymore.

My advice: You are asking too much about study materials. Just study! For the math and science parts, your prerequisite classes should be your biggest aid. If you don't know it well, the study material isn't going to work miracles. It's just supposed to be for review.

For reading and verbal, more study materials are good, but I'd recommend them in the form of books and a dictionary. Lots of reading will help your comprehension skills. Every single time you come across a word you don't know, immediately look it up in the dictionary. You can even use an online one if needed. You will learn more words and you will begin to recognize other words that are related.

I don't think it went well. His last post about the PCAT was in October of last year. He has only posted once since then, in early June. That post was about some dental licensing exam, so I don't think he's wanting to do pharmacy anymore.

My advice: You are asking too much about study materials. Just study! For the math and science parts, your prerequisite classes should be your biggest aid. If you don't know it well, the study material isn't going to work miracles. It's just supposed to be for review.

For reading and verbal, more study materials are good, but I'd recommend them in the form of books and a dictionary. Lots of reading will help your comprehension skills. Every single time you come across a word you don't know, immediately look it up in the dictionary. You can even use an online one if needed. You will learn more words and you will begin to recognize other words that are related.

woah thank you. i wasnt expect to get an answer from you but i appreciate it haha. i am trying to get some exam questions that are similar to the real PCAT because i am only going to have 2 weeks to really study for it once my summer school ends (i am studying now, but not as much as i have hoped due to summer ochem class - hmmm that is studying in a way i guess). i am relatively decent with bio, used to have a huge vocab (from the SATs) but have forgotten a lot (need to brush up and that should generally be fine), math is okay and need to do some calc problems, and not remembering much of the gchem but hopefully be okay with ochem (taking that now). with what i know so far and simply doing LOTS of practice in the 2 weeks i have, i am hoping that i would be okay - i really dont want to wait til oct because i want to apply earlier this year and hopefully get in, though i know it is not an easy task =/

any suggestions?

thanks =)

woah thank you. i wasnt expect to get an answer from you but i appreciate it haha. i am trying to get some exam questions that are similar to the real PCAT because i am only going to have 2 weeks to really study for it once my summer school ends (i am studying now, but not as much as i have hoped due to summer ochem class - hmmm that is studying in a way i guess). i am relatively decent with bio, used to have a huge vocab (from the SATs) but have forgotten a lot (need to brush up and that should generally be fine), math is okay and need to do some calc problems, and not remembering much of the gchem but hopefully be okay with ochem (taking that now). with what i know so far and simply doing LOTS of practice in the 2 weeks i have, i am hoping that i would be okay - i really dont want to wait til oct because i want to apply earlier this year and hopefully get in, though i know it is not an easy task =/

any suggestions?

thanks =)

Have you tried any of the official practice exams from Harcourt? As best as I remember, the difficult seemed very close, except for the math (ie, calculus).

Have you tried any of the official practice exams from Harcourt? As best as I remember, the difficult seemed very close, except for the math (ie, calculus).

i tried one (and it's half of the length of the real PCAT >: ) it seems like i would do okay on it. i was a bit confused, though. on the harcourt website it said that there are two copies of the PCAT practice exams. does that mean we have to pay for the 21 dollars twice? (i tried and it's not letting me though)

thanks =)

i tried one (and it's half of the length of the real PCAT >:) it seems like i would do okay on it. i was a bit confused, though. on the harcourt website it said that there are two copies of the PCAT practice exams. does that mean we have to pay for the 21 dollars twice? (i tried and it's not letting me though)

thanks =)

Yeah, they want you to pay again. If you did fine on the first one, I wouldn't bother with the second one. Just review your material and keep yourself together during the actual test (ie, keep your pace, don't get flustered, etc.).