Trinity anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cansnowflake

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has heard from Trinity yet (or knows when we might?) I keep hearing "in a couple of weeks.." and those weeks seem to be going by ever so slowly.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

Members don't see this ad.

Nope still waiting...Did you apply for 5 year or 6 year program?

I applied to the 5 yr programs at UCD and TCD but no word on either as of yet. I am somewhat relieved, however that I didn't get first round of UCD, because having to make a huge decision so soon would be difficult.

Members don't see this ad :)
however that I didn't get first round of UCD

Does, that mean that majority (or all) of the first round for UCD were 5 year applicants?...I'm not hearing too much on the 6 year applicants.....Generally is ABP more geared towards 5 year program applicants?..(might be a no-brainer question, but its worth a shot)

v-man said:
Does, that mean that majority (or all) of the first round for UCD were 5 year applicants?...I'm not hearing too much on the 6 year applicants.....Generally is ABP more geared towards 5 year program applicants?..(might be a no-brainer question, but its worth a shot)

Hey v-man,
I didn't actually hear anything from UCD saying that I didn't get the first round, I actually emailed atlantic bridge for an update. Apparantly first rounds from UCD are required to respond with a deposit by Friday, so I would assume that a second round would be pretty soon thereafter. (turn down UCD for all of you sitting on the fence! jk) I am not sure about the whole 6-yr vs 5-yr thing though, but hopefully everyone gets some sort of news sooner than later.
Best of luck with your decisions in the coming months (or weeks!)

regards,
csf

cansnowflake said:
Hey v-man,
I didn't actually hear anything from UCD saying that I didn't get the first round, I actually emailed atlantic bridge for an update. Apparantly first rounds from UCD are required to respond with a deposit by Friday, so I would assume that a second round would be pretty soon thereafter. (turn down UCD for all of you sitting on the fence! jk) I am not sure about the whole 6-yr vs 5-yr thing though, but hopefully everyone gets some sort of news sooner than later.
Best of luck with your decisions in the coming months (or weeks!)

regards,
csf

Thanks, that was helpful...AHhha it better be like..weeks..i'm getting really really really really impatient..and i'm sure alot of people on this forum are....our career is in their hands! :smuggrin:

I heard from Trinity today - they said no. I am honestly not terribly surprised - I haven't completed all of the sciences and my undergrad GPA is certainly not where it should be. I am currently taking sciences and working on improving my grades.....and although I will have finished the requirements by September of this year, it clearly wasn't enough.

i just got rejected from Trinity and RCSI today :( ...hopefully I still have a shot at National University of Ireland -Dublin =)

Got rejected today too!!!

I got rejected by trinity so my hope is on UCD and RCSI!!

for those of you that got rejected i'm sorry to hear that, but i'm sure you'll get in somewhere. was is it for the 5 or 6 year? also, if you don't mind me asking what was your GPA and MCAT if you took it. thanks.