Trip to Guam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nilson_shmilson

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

As I'm sure a few of you know, it's impossible to register for a reasonable January MCAT time/location. Guam is the most frequent to show up on the registration page, but it's literally the other side of the world from New York. The thing is, I *really* don't want to take the new MCAT for a few reasons, not least of which I'd have to add a few more classes to my schedule and possibly put of my application to summer 2016.

So yes, I'm considering traveling to Guam. Due to the extreme jet lag, I'd get there a week before the exam and spend my time during the days taking PTs. Could be a fun trip! Especially if there were some fellow pre-meds in the same boat to hang/get dinner with.

So who's with me! (Note: Australia/South Africa are alternative options.)

Members don't see this ad.

By the way, the plane tickets to Guam from New York in January are averaging just over $1000. It's a hefty price to pay, but so are 10 more credits (3 more classes)!

AAMC announced on their Twitter page that they will add more seats (not dates) to the current Jan. dates in the coming weeks.

Also, make sure you are frequently checking the page on evenings that scores get released for Sept/oct/nov dates since a lot of people got a second spot in case of retake which they cancel when they find out they did well.

Members don't see this ad :)