Tropical Med ID programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emt30119

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone guide me as to what ID fellowships are strongest in Tropical Medicine? I've heard Emory, Washington (Seatle)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Bump, maybe those who completed interviews recently have some ideas.

What do you want to do with tropical medicine. Are you thinking basic science or international medicine? Also consider the Gorgas course or London school of hygiene and tropical medicine if really interested in this topic.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the response Medikit. Thinking of doing international medicine. May do the Gorgas course or London school after fellowship. Was wondering what fellowships are known for strength in tropical/international medicine

Thanks for the response Medikit. Thinking of doing international medicine. May do the Gorgas course or London school after fellowship. Was wondering what fellowships are known for strength in tropical/international medicine

I know that UNC and Yale have very strong programs. I'm sure there are others but this was not my primary interest while I was interviewing.

Don't know much about strengths, just an Epi mph student there, but the university of mn fellowship seems to have a good set up with lots of options for international experiences, specific tracks, tropical and travel medicine seminar series, and a global health course offered in collaboration with the cdc. Large refugee population in twin cities region. Strong school of public health with quite a few adjunct ID faculty doing international research.

UVA surprisingly has a lot of faculty interested in tropical medicine. Bill Petri has a strong collaboration with Bangladesh studying cholera and other diarrheal diseases.