Trouble choosing between classes: Behavioral neuroscience vs Infectious disease of humans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kiddynamite914

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having trouble choosing between these courses:

Behavioral neuroscience: It is an honors class, and has a lab section along with it where we will be doing more hands on work. This is something that we didn't deal with even in my 2 main Neurobiology courses. Class is taught by a former Princeton professor and he has won many awards and has very high rankings on Rate my professor. I am also a Neurobio major so this will count towards that, although I do plan on taking other courses that will also suffice. Only con about this is that there might be some overlap between this class and Neurobiology 2, which dealt with systems neuroscience. In addition, might be easier than ID because of my heavy neuro background However, since it is a psych class vs neurobio, it will involve some cool stuff as Social Neuroscience, plasticity, etc.

Infectious Disease of Human beings: Also, taught by a very cool professor. He mentions that it is a lighter version of an infectious disease class you may encounter in medical school, so it may be helpful. Really haven't taken an infectious disease class so I would be exploring something new. Class is taken by PA students so I will be competing with some students that are already far ahead of me.

PLEASE HELP!

Members don't see this ad.

I think the behavioral neuroscience class would be very interesting. I took one during college and I really enjoyed it. Additionally, I found that the overlap between behavioral and systems is pretty slim. I've never taken an ID class though, so I can't really help with that.

I think the behavioral neuroscience class would be very interesting. I took one during college and I really enjoyed it. Additionally, I found that the overlap between behavioral and systems is pretty slim. I've never taken an ID class though, so I can't really help with that.

Is the overlap really slim? That is one of the things that is stopping me from the BN class. Also, I will be taking lots of Neuro classes. Would taking too many look bad? Thanks.

Is the overlap really slim? That is one of the things that is stopping me from the BN class. Also, I will be taking lots of Neuro classes. Would taking too many look bad? Thanks.
1) I mean, a lot of the basic concepts are the same, but this is true for, say, biology and chemistry classes too; the specific information and things focused on, however, are quite different. That being said, I can only speak for my particular school. Yours may be different.

2) I can't think of a reason why anyone would care