Trouble getting LOR's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

3lectrophile

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok so this will be my second time applying for pharmacy school and im having trouble on trying to decide which proffesor to get one of my LOR's from. I am a transfer student from a community college to a university and dont know any of my new proffessors personally and havent really been to their office hours. Do you think it will be alright asking one of my old proffessors, who wrote me a LOR last year, to write one again for me this year?

Members don't see this ad.

ok so this will be my second time applying for pharmacy school and im having trouble on trying to decide which proffesor to get one of my LOR's from. I am a transfer student from a community college to a university and dont know any of my new proffessors personally and havent really been to their office hours. Do you think it will be alright asking one of my old proffessors, who wrote me a LOR last year, to write one again for me this year?

Yeah, I asked my Organic II Professor for a LOR for the 2008 PharmCAS Year, didn't get in anywhere, so asked again for 2008 Touro, got in.

Sure, but make sure he/she gives you a good letter. Do you know that they wrote a positive letter last year?

Members don't see this ad :)
What kind of a person would actually write a negative LOR? Then it's not even a Letter of Recommendation, it becomes a Letter of Non-Recommendation.

PS: Don't ask for recommendations from anyone who wouldn't write you a strong positive LOR.

Sure, but make sure he/she gives you a good letter. Do you know that they wrote a positive letter last year?

Im pretty sure he wrote me a positive one but im not sure because i waived my rights to read the letter