Trulearn ITE question bank, predicted score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BIGphysician

Show a little respect would you?
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've done this trulearn ITE question bank almost twice now, came out with 63% the first time through it, about 75% overall after doing it the second time, moving average for my last 300 questions or so was mid-high 80%. Any idea what score range that falls into for a CA-1?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't understand why people have to be so hostile. I was wonder myself how percentages compared to the real thing. Have you done M5? How does truelearn compare to m5?

Members don't see this ad :)
Buzz- either contribute or buzz off. asmith- no havent done M5 but I dont like the whole british thing. I like ACE too but the explanations suck because they dont tell you which one was correct, so if you really dont know much on the topic sometimes youll read the explanation and still not know the answer.

Buzz- either contribute or buzz off. asmith- no havent done M5 but I dont like the whole british thing. I like ACE too but the explanations suck because they dont tell you which one was correct, so if you really dont know much on the topic sometimes youll read the explanation and still not know the answer.

Hey man. I used True Learn for the BASIC Exam this past July. I went through about 75% of it and my predicted percentile score correlated exactly with my score on the BASIC (> 90%). IIRC my percentile score was 76-78% or something like that which put me in the 92-93rd percentile.

I think it is a great Q bank, the explanations are extremely helpful though sometimes long. The format reminded me exactly of the ITE which got me in the right mindset. I had previously used M5 but gave up on it because I felt like I was walking into each Q wondering "how is this examiner trying to trick me." Also the stems were so long-winded which is not faithful to the format of the real thing.

If you do true learn (Barash/Miller), Hall (Miller) and a little bit of Open anesthesia you will rock the test.

Good luck.

ex-61N

No, but we have a pretty good idea that you're shilling for the company that produces this q-bank.
The usual shill MO is to create a user account the same day that the innocent question gets asked. You can see he's been a member for almost 2 years.

It's OK to ask questions about study materials. You don't need to label everyone who asks a question about a study aid or a subject you deem beneath the forum to be a troll. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

trying to decide between buying M5 or truelearn for the basic exam. Has anyone else had a chance to compare the two? Especially CA2s who took basic last year?

I used M5 and hall for the basic but I've been using TrueLearn since a little bit after the basic...been liking it pretty well...seems challenging and relatively diverse. Explanations are pretty good and appears to be sourced well. My CA-2 ITE result isn't back yet but I'll see what a 60-70% on truelearn correlates to on the real thing.

I think posting about a good study resource is valuable for the Residents; a few senior attendings I know would benefit from "truelearn" as well.

Heard that M5 has good, lengthy, conversation explanations (like UWorld, which I used a lot). Haven't heard much about TrueLearn though, would love to see any thoughts comparing the two

Vector2, any thoughts on comparison between M5 and truelearn?

They're honestly totally different, each with their strengths and weaknesses, and my impression (and others I've spoken to) is that neither is sufficient by itself to use for studying. M5's strength is that it's a bit of out of the box and really addresses some esoteric concepts until you get them. TL excels in that it very much has an ITE feel and hits a lot of relatively straightforward subject matter sourced straight from the textbooks.

All of the ACE questions have answers. They come in the form of an answer key. I suspect that you had someone's copy and it included the discussion but not the key. Get the key.

vector2, thanks for the response. As a CA1 i think im more focused on grasping the basics, I think i'll leave the esoteric stuff til later when i do my subspecialties. Gatorbait, do you mind elaborating? thank you guys for your time.

I didn't take the basic and I've never used true learn other than skimming over a few questions on my colleagues subscription. But I have scored in the top 10-15 percentile on my ITE's using only M5 and focused reading in Barash/Miller. My colleague that used M5 and truelearn and also scored equally high on the ITE in addition to top 10 percentile on the basic.

I used m5 exclusively for the written boards and thought it was pretty good.

Reactions: 1 user
Any real true incentive in going balls to the walls for this BASIC exam? I did great on the ITE after using trulearn question bank, went over it 2 times, second time took notes, read the notes over the week before the exam. Got a 44 (99% for CA-1), super happy with it. Is there any reason to go crazy for this basic exam, its not important for any fellowship or anything right? I dont think they even get to see the score?

Reactions: 1 user
I'd like to know what others think about Diet Dr Pepper's question above. Is there any true incentive in crushing the basic exam? Wouldn't your time be better spent studying for the ITE as fellowships look at your ITE score and not your PASS/FAIL basic exam score?

I'd like to know what others think about Diet Dr Pepper's question above. Is there any true incentive in crushing the basic exam? Wouldn't your time be better spent studying for the ITE as fellowships look at your ITE score and not your PASS/FAIL basic exam score?
I'd imagine the idea is that the tests exist in a continuity, and concepts learned for the basic exam will carry forward on to the ITE (ie, the CA2s this year doing better than the CA3s on the ITE)