Trying not to wait for a red-eye after MWU-AZ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kef318

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am flying from the East Coast on Monday. I was told to plan on being there until 2:30. Does the day ever end earlier? I'd love not to have to wait in the airport for 7 hours before catching my flight home. The flight before that departs at 3:30 and I know I don't have a chance of catching that (unless the day ends before 2:30).

Members don't see this ad.

I am flying from the East Coast on Monday. I was told to plan on being there until 2:30. Does the day ever end earlier? I'd love not to have to wait in the airport for 7 hours before catching my flight home. The flight before that departs at 3:30 and I know I don't have a chance of catching that (unless the day ends before 2:30).

They'll let you leave. Tell them ahead of time. They ask you, actually. You'll be done with actual interviewing before noon. It's lunch and time with the dean in the clinic after that.

Thank you! I just was at UCONN and they interview after lunch instead of before. Is it best that I call them to make sure? I'm actually interviewing on Tuesday.

Typically, how many people do they interview on a given day?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! I just was at UCONN and they interview after lunch instead of before. Is it best that I call them to make sure? I'm actually interviewing on Tuesday.

Typically, how many people do they interview on a given day?
I would call them. I think I had about... 13 other people at the interview with me? However, the only thing I will say is that right after lunch the dean gives a presentation and that's your time to get to meet him and learn about the school curriculum,clinical set up, etc. I would make an effort to not miss that and maybe just leave before the tour at the end. But definitely call and see what works best for you. They're very nice about leaving early

I had a red eye after MWU to the east coast...do not recommend.

Reactions: 1 user
I was hoping to leave at about 1:30 to catch a 3:30 flight. Do you think I'd miss much?

You would miss the end of the tour of the clinics. I would personally aim for staying the entire time (as much as the red eye flight sucks) since you have the opportunity to make a good impression to the dean, but they will definitely accommodate you if you decide to fly out at 3:30.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm going to stay and take the red-eye back East, especially since the dean usually is the one that makes the acceptance calls.

Thanks for your help.

Reactions: 1 users